Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ig_NxVeM
Star III
utkarsh.kr2011

Is it ever going to be fixed..... please fix this...never gonna buy Asus products if it continues like this

View post
They just don't fkin care, they're releasing their laptops on the other hand , 0% support and the mfkin mod responds in other channels excluding this so crap

ig_NxVeM
Star III
Talking about the .86 update I faced many bugs in that too such as YouTube music, reels would crash whenever a second sound plays on, but they fixed it in the next update I'm super thankful for that and now they gave away the wifi issue maybe they fixing it just like dat, fingers crossed the second sound problem wasn't a big issue and no-one covered the topic

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

Important update for all users in this thread:

I'm seeing rumors that "some users" who had their motherboards replaced by service are encountering Wi-Fi issues again.

So far we have had zero reports of this and I can't find a single post here on Zentalk claiming repeat issues.

Please do not spread any misinformation (intentionally or otherwise) regarding repeat issues, as it makes our work much harder.

If you:

1. Have been to service for Wi-Fi issues.
  2. Have gotten your motherboard replaced at the service center.
  3. You are running into Wi-Fi issues again after getting your device back.

Then please mention my name in a new post or thread.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS So finally after one and a half month you come out of sleep and provided no useful information at all. Do you know the status of Asus Service Centers in India, it is full of unskilled peoples who don't know even basic troubleshooting like flashing the software and apart from that no equipment for hardware repair. Couple of users already confirmed that after replacing the motherboard and updating to new software update causing wifi issue again, go and check twitter and youtube. Why you guys don't accept that you sold manufacturing defective units to users and at least offer refunds/replacements but lol in this way you have to replace all ROG 5 units sold till date. This kind of response from mods in community portal, service center, customer care, regional head and even your MD Dinesh Sharma will surely lose all existing and future customers but I guess you guys are ok with it. Moreover your regional head Chetan Raut given me legal threat so I have already logged cases in consumer forum and district consumer court. I would appeal everyone to log cases against Asus so consumer court will know about this scam of defective devices from Asus and will force million dollars recovery to get back our refund.

krnapj
Rising Star I
ZT-83edda0e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184968#Comment_184968

@Gustav_ASUS So finally after one and a half month you come out of sleep and provided no useful information at all. Do you know the status of Asus Service Centers in India, it is full of unskilled peoples who don't know even basic troubleshooting like flashing the software and apart from that no equipment for hardware repair. Couple of users already confirmed that after replacing the motherboard and updating to new software update causing wifi issue again, go and check twitter and youtube. Why you guys don't accept that you sold manufacturing defective units to users and at least offer refunds/replacements but lol in this way you have to replace all ROG 5 units sold till date. This kind of response from mods in community portal, service center, customer care, regional head and even your MD Dinesh Sharma will surely lose all existing and future customers but I guess you guys are ok with it. Moreover your regional head Chetan Raut given me legal threat so I have already logged cases in consumer forum and district consumer court. I would appeal everyone to log cases against Asus so consumer court will know about this scam of defective devices from Asus and will force million dollars recovery to get back our refund.

View post
I asked you to check your personal messages on the forum,so we can make a cse together,but you didnt reply.

Vegirot
Star III
Just now I had a talk with customer care, they confirmed that it's a software issue