Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Yamini
Star III
@SujitMaximum @freakingrocky No, I haven't updated my phone to the new firmware update. I won't dare to. I've had enough troubles already to have my phone replaced and there is no use going to the service center, they can't help. And I can't give away my phone to them for a month to have the motherboard replaced. Don't want to get my phone opened. I have read many posts where they have claimed that the new update doesnt have a fix for this wifi issue, so I haven't updated it. Hope this answers your question.

Yamini
Star III
@SujitMaximum @freakingrocky Also, the mods on this forum, the ASUS customer service and the service center are of no use. They are a bunch of shameless fools giving lame excuses and inturn blaming the suffering customers of spreading rumours instead of finding a fix. I've patiently read all the comments on this post, I personally feel that it is the most DUMBEST resolution to have the MOTHERBOARD REPLACED for a bug caused due to a SOFTWARE UPDATE. I mean I really don't understand how the software issue affects the hardware of the phone.. like they are 2 different worlds.. SERIOUSLY, ISN'T THIS LAME?

Yamini
Star III
@Optimus Yes, I got my phone replaced from flipkart in July, after almost 2 frustrating weeks of useless email and call miscommunications from ASUS. I received only 1 reply for every mail that I sent to ASUS that they have ESCALATED THE ISSUE and someone will get back, and the person who got back would ask the whole story once again to only tell me that THEY HAVE ESCALATED THE ISSUE and someone will get back with a follow up email stating the same. I was lucky enough to have my phone replaced from flipkart as I was the first one to face and report this issue in the beginning of July. Now they aren't accepting any returns or offering any replacements because almost every user who purchased this piece of shit is facing the same issue.

Yamini
Star III
@Kapernaum There is no fix. It won't fix. If you wish, you can follow what other users did- have the motherboard replaced.

Yamini
Star III
@krnapj - that's the reason I didn't take my phone to a service center. They'll just have you run around and make you wait for an indefinite time. Plus, there is no service center in my town- so it is a nightmare for me. I really hope you get your phone soon 🙂