Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3 (8/128-WW)
Firmware Version: WW_ 2108.158
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: round the clock
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): everything
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Having wifi issues since updating to .158 version of A11. Wifi is fully fine but, on device it feels like I'm lagging as hell! In BGMI(PUBGm of India) shots are taking a long time to register while ping shows 40-50ms constant. In Lichess(a chess app), the moves are getting registered after a while. On fb/WhatsApp, the messages are randomly going into halt before they get sent, and 2-3 seconds after that, 100 messages jump in!
This feels like a WIFI DRIVER related issue to me!
I remember that we had similar issue with A11 Beta 2/Beta 3 on ROG3. I'm facing NONE of the mentioned issues while being on Mobile LTE or using the router with another mobile phone by the way.

What is the solution to these? It makes ZERO sense to me for a flagship gaming phone to run PUBGm at UltraHD+90 FPS stable and then lagging due to wifi issues on the device!😐
11 REPLIES 11

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Deepan_Ch,

Before I take logs, can you try and confirm the below:

1. Factory reset
  2. Safe mode
  3. SMMI WiFi test

How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)

Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "

you will be entered to SMMI_TEST

View post
Hey @ARP_ASUS , any updates after watching the wifi testing video?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Deepan_Ch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184236#Comment_184236

Hey @ARP_ASUS , any updates after watching the wifi testing video?

View post
Your test has failed so it your final step is to go into safe-mode and perform the same test.
If it still fails, obviously factory reset won't work, so you will need to visit service centre.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184716#Comment_184716

Your test has failed so it your final step is to go into safe-mode and perform the same test.

If it still fails, obviously factory reset won't work, so you will need to visit service centre.

View post
It failed in safe mode too. Why is it failing?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Deepan_Ch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184717#Comment_184717

It failed in safe mode too. Why is it failing?

View post
As mentioned by Arp_asus in his post, the test will test the hardware. You should make your way to nearest service centre.
Though as mentioned previously, you should backup your data, perform factory reset anyway to double check and if that fails, go to service centre. That's because service centre will probably factory reset for you.

Deepan_Ch
Rising Star II
I'm facing zero problems with wifi on my phone though. No issues nowadays. Maybe the test 8s broken?