Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Swister

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184310#Comment_184310

Yes most people who face this issue are from India.

View post
From here too althought this not happen to me but my friends

Nilesh9797
Star III
@venkatrockstar7090 If they need to replace mother board than please provide supply of mother boards to service centres because people are complaining that they are asking around one month time to repair. It shouldn't be more than 10 days.

Nilesh9797
Star III
I am from Udaipur, india. I have tried to contact nearest service center but no one is picking my call. Service center is 100km away from my home. This should not be like this. We have paid 50k and we are getting service like this.

Craniacc
Star I
I dont know how asus is still not working on the bug which is so common among rog 5 devices. Its a gaming phone and if one cant use wifi and hotspot what is the point of having a gaming phone. Really disappointed with asus updates and software. I had an rog 2 earlier now m using rog 5. But looking at the asus technical support this may be my last asus device

Piyush_Agarwala
Star III
I am facing the wifi and battery backup issue since 28-07-2021 it took me 7 days to just find the correct service center they don't give any response when you call them. After finally submitting the phone they told me to call after 10 days now it's been a month they are not picking up my call if I call from a different number they say they will inform me in 10min and then block that number also. When I call Asus Care they are telling me there is no service shown on your serial number content the service center. I am without a phone for 1 month after spending 50k on a phone. Asus has the worst service for phones. I was also facing the battery backup issue I used to get only 6:30h of screen on time in ultra-durable mode at 60hz without any gaming.