cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Phone 5 - No stable GPS Fix since 12.07.21

Disparo
Star I
screenshot-20210713-130107862-281-29.jpg
Hi! I'm on the latest firmware; since 12.07.2021, I cannot get a stable GPS Fix on my ROG Phone 5. Right now, I'm standing on the sea-coast; I calibrated my compass once again, I rebooted twice, but it can take about 5-10 minutes to fix, but even after that, it loses fixation, especially when I moving. I cannot use GPS map navigation during car ride anymore, so I have to use my wife's LG Velvet for that.
13 REPLIES 13

Bjerfven
Star II
Im returning My rog 5 now crap phone! Worst phone i have evert bought, iPhone from now om! 2 updates an No gps - crap!

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Bjerfven

Im returning My rog 5 now crap phone! Worst phone i have evert bought, iPhone from now om! 2 updates an No gps - crap!

View post
Good luck with the iPhone lmao,I'm sure you'll find something wrong with it sooner or later

Bjerfven
Star II
I did thats why i have hade three ROG phones, but i NEED gps...

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Disparo

screenshot-20210713-130107862-281-29.jpg

Hi! I'm on the latest firmware; since 12.07.2021, I cannot get a stable GPS Fix on my ROG Phone 5. Right now, I'm standing on the sea-coast; I calibrated my compass once again, I rebooted twice, but it can take about 5-10 minutes to fix, but even after that, it loses fixation, especially when I moving. I cannot use GPS map navigation during car ride anymore, so I have to use my wife's LG Velvet for that.

Asus ROG Phone 5 - No stable GPS Fix since 12.07.21
Press on top left and then hit the menu. Press on Manage A-GPS State and press on Download. You will need to be connected to the internet though.
Once done, go outside and start your maps app, it should hopefully start to use the satellites.

Bjerfven
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50630/asus-rog-phone-5-no-stable-gps-fix-since-12-07-21

Press on top left and then hit the menu. Press on Manage A-GPS State and press on Download. You will need to be connected to the internet though.

Once done, go outside and start your maps app, it should hopefully start to use the satellites.

View post
Does not work for me 😞