This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

Chris1
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

I'm wondering when Asus will give some official statement about faulty motherboards that are dying in ZF8. Looks quite similar to LG G4 defect in the past.

Now I've copied all my stuff to PC and I'm waiting when my ZF8 will die, I'll get (hopefully) some refund and I'll buy another phone 😅😆

View post
I had a LG G4 and the fear to see it fail during months... and now the ZF8.
No luck i guess 😋
At least with the G4 we knew which serial was more subject to fail...

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Just wanted to pop in and clear some things up:
The device can enter this mode (Waiting for flashing full ramdump..) for several reasons. It's a protective measure the device takes when something goes wrong, be it hardware or software related. This is why we are guiding users to service when they encounter this issue, to find out what the root cause is. So far we have a total of 10 ramdump cases on Zentalk. We're of course taking every single one seriously but you should not worry that this will happen to every device out there.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
You should do something about service centers in that clear case, which are always searching for excuses. People bought premium phone, service should also be at least good. I backup my phone just in case, but i would be very angry, if it takes many weeks to get phone fixed or it gets dameged by repair.

zoltan_dosa
Star II
Today without even noticing my phone entered this state. What can I do?

I am posting new thread as I saw this issue is becoming common thing on this phone:
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51818/zenfone-8-seems-to-be-bricked-i-have-no-idea-what-to-do...

zoltan_dosa
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

Just wanted to pop in and clear some things up:

The device can enter this mode (Waiting for flashing full ramdump..) for several reasons. It's a protective measure the device takes when something goes wrong, be it hardware or software related. This is why we are guiding users to service when they encounter this issue, to find out what the root cause is. So far we have a total of 10 ramdump cases on Zentalk. We're of course taking every single one seriously but you should not worry that this will happen to every device out there.

View post
total of 10?! seriously doubt that statement. Google finds Zenfone 8 when you write anything related to this issue...