Pervage
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version:ROG Phone 3_ZS661KS_WW_18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Power Option
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After latest update power Off Menu is showing in One-Hand View.
@Admin @ARP_ASUS
27 REPLIES 27

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pervage

I agree @Megalox . But devs are not responding. Maybe we should send CEO Feedback so that it can be escalated.

View post
CEO will not be able to help you with anything, they are absolutely clueless about technical stuff.
@Megalox As for the screen flickering, I'd suggest a factory reset as it's not common at all. Probably something went bad during update, it happens, google still hasnt figured out how to make a proper update mechanism for major android upgrades.

Pervage
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt Screen Flickering issue is because last update was fixed for Proximity Sensor. Asus devs touch the wrong code for P-Sensors 😄.
Danish Bro I have reset my device 2 times and it is not the solution brother. After every update we have to reset the device? Thats not acceptable.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pervage

@Danishblunt Screen Flickering issue is because last update was fixed for Proximity Sensor. Asus devs touch the wrong code for P-Sensors 😄.

Danish Bro I have reset my device 2 times and it is not the solution brother. After every update we have to reset the device? Thats not acceptable.

View post
Well I take it then something went wrong while flashing, since there are no reports from many users. I guess only solution is a raw flash.
Can you tell us how to replicate this issue? Be specific which apps u use, brightness level etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
As mentioned, I've started my sentence stating that I did the upgrade with factory reset. In addition to that, this issue is happening to other users as reported here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52394/netflix-flickering#latest which is a similar behaviour. I haven't got Netflix, but it happens to me with the browser.
To test it, set the refresh rate to 90hz or above, open a browser and play video using Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube, etc.
I've tested with other browsers as well to rule out Chrome.
The issue doesn't happen using 60hz refresh rate.
Issue doesn't happen when playing a video using, for example, youtube app, insta, gallery or FB apps themselves.

Chur

Pervage
Rising Star II
Megalox

As mentioned, I've started my sentence stating that I did the upgrade with factory reset. In addition to that, this issue is happening to other users as reported here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52394/netflix-flickering#latest which is a similar behaviour. I haven't got Netflix, but it happens to me with the browser.

To test it, set the refresh rate to 90hz or above, open a browser and play video using Facebook, Vimeo, Youtube, etc.

I've tested with other browsers as well to rule out Chrome.

The issue doesn't happen using 60hz refresh rate.

Issue doesn't happen when playing a video using, for example, youtube app, insta, gallery or FB apps themselves.

Chur

View post
@Danishblunt The issue is with video playing on browser and many users don't use browser for play videos that might be a reason that not many user have reported it.
In addition to steps to reproduce use the device under light..there you will see more. If you can see the above video I have posted...I am not sure if it shows the issue.