akhilj66
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2107.100
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was playing BGMI and I turned off wifi to switch to 4g, only to realize that my phone said no sim card detected, then I checked IMEI it shows 0, I tried restarting, safe mode, and whatnot. I don't know what happened but my phone software imei part got corrupt somehow, I don't know how or why this happened, I have already got my entire motherboard replaced in Feb. I used to have random restarts sometimes but nothing this brutal. WIFI takes an hour or so to work after starting the phone after this issue happened.
I feel like there should be some software issue, as the phone is perfectly okay, it didn't fall or anything.
Now it is out of warranty and it will cost me dearly. Tomorrow I'll go to the service center and ask them to do a clean firmware download and ask them to add my imei. I am not very confident as I don't think they are skilled to do so. I don't have money to buy a new phone, I'll try to get the software done tomorrow, if there's an issue with the hardware, I am throwing off this phone and god knows what I'll do after that.
@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS if you can help me anyway, please help me.
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
akhilj66

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2107.100
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I was playing BGMI and I turned off wifi to switch to 4g, only to realize that my phone said no sim card detected, then I checked IMEI it shows 0, I tried restarting, safe mode, and whatnot. I don't know what happened but my phone software imei part got corrupt somehow, I don't know how or why this happened, I have already got my entire motherboard replaced in Feb. I used to have random restarts sometimes but nothing this brutal. WIFI takes an hour or so to work after starting the phone after this issue happened.

I feel like there should be some software issue, as the phone is perfectly okay, it didn't fall or anything.

Now it is out of warranty and it will cost me dearly. Tomorrow I'll go to the service center and ask them to do a clean firmware download and ask them to add my imei. I am not very confident as I don't think they are skilled to do so. I don't have money to buy a new phone, I'll try to get the software done tomorrow, if there's an issue with the hardware, I am throwing off this phone and god knows what I'll do after that.

@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS if you can help me anyway, please help me.

Suddenly shows no sim card, no imei and no wifi
You should try factory reset to see if it still an issue and this should resolve any potential software issue. But going to service centre to get it checked out is a sensible approach.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi akhilj66,
Please let me know have you been to the service center.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ARP_ASUS

Hi akhilj66,

Please let me know have you been to the service center.

View post
Sorry to knock you on this thread @ARP_ASUS sir but as you told me in comment of my service thread that you will PM me on last friday and until then i did not receive any PM from you yet.(its a wwek now). i want to tell you that my device has completed more than 15 days of repair but still service centre is not able to find the real cause of the problem and my Zenfone 5z is still with service centre please help me sir. What shall i do??
According to Service centre battery is really draining badly when data ON and off with super saving mode on Android 9 as well as Android 10 when phone is kept idle or in standby mode.Even after flashing the firmware.
Yesterday manager from service centre called me saying that battery is Ok from our side after testing... And he was trying to force me to accept that even after 40% of idle drain for 16-17hrs says me all is good with battery... i dont know how...! Actually idle drain is the real issue for which i have kept my device with them and they are calling me and saying same thing again and again sibce 10 days battery test shows no problem with battery but yes idle drain still exists and we cant tell you beyond that what is exact issue.. until and unless we get any furthur email response.with this response of service manager i am surprised that when will i get my solution then?? or get to know why is idle drain happening?? They are not pushing themselves to find real cause i asked them to check with any other issue inside device and try to find out the real cause of problem & they told me that we dont have authority to check any other things with the device and hence they dont do any work and my days are passing by without any solutions.
With such pathetic behaviour of service centre i am really loosing on my patience now i want my device to be fixed as early as possible. In my 6 years of Zenfone journey never experienced such lazy & carefree service from ASUS. I am still co-oeprating patiently with them i call them after every 2 days to know what the situation is and what all they reply is battery is ok sir.....! But in there test they see same idle drains always i have to suggest them to check with other tricks if battery is really faulty or hardware its hardware by installing same battery in any other 5z. but they say that we dont have any other 5z to check battery in that and also we dont have any other borads to check with. And they keep on testing same thing again and again they changed my battery but it is behaving same i dont know if its battery issue or any other but service centre are not at all intrested to service our devices as early as possible or not even egar to find fault. What kind of service is this???
I felt like they are trying to force me to accept that battery is all good without doing any other tests by always saying me same thing again and again that battery is all good sir and everything seems normal for 17% idle drain with super saving mode on for 13 hrs ...(mobile data off)!!!! Other case is 40% idle drain with 15 hrs of standby on power saving mode (mobile data on)..... then is this really normal u think??? & So i thought as they are not able to find the real cause and my device is in service centre since so long span of 15 days and my case is still open. they want my case to be closed as soon as possible and so they are forcing me to accept that no there is problem with battery. And all is f9 with the device...... I really dont know how can they say that if all is good with device then there should not be so much of idle drain i am owner of Zenfone 5z since 3 years never experince such idle drain anytime earlier then how is it normal all of sudden??
Also mathews sir who is co ordinating on my case on phone calls from headquarters it seems he told me on call to submit my device again to service centre on last week thursday and from then he is not receiving my calls and not even calling me back even after seeing my miss calls weather its call waiting or normal miss calls so now i am crushed here in the middle... And have no way out to get my problem fixed.
According to service centre they have emailed my battery reports but they havent got any reply since 5 days ... How is that sir?? What shall a customer do in this case sorry to be so rude but i am loosing my patience.
Here is my follow-up thread link for refrence of my updates in my service case 👇👇
AmitGarde
  1. Model Name: ZS620KL
  2. Firmware Version:100.10.107.123
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Hardware issue related to new replaced Battery.

On February 24th i got my battery changed from authorised service centre by paying a certain amount thinking that i can use my Zenfone 5z for another 2 years, even when i was getting normal 4hrs of satisfactory SOT for normal use from my 2.6 year old original battery.

About Changed/Replaced battery :-

Until 4 months there was no problem with my changed battery i use to daily get 6hrs of SOT for normal usage. And there was no idle drain.

From last 15 days i started seeing a lot of idle drain issue where i always need to charge my device for 2 times in a day (4 months old new Battery). So here i thought it may be a software issue and i still awaited and tried many battery restricting features for day to day usage but nothing helped and belive me i use to put my device on charge daily with battery care features i.e scheduled charging,Switch by battery level,Dynamic charging upto 80% and many other workarounds but still behaviour of my battery remained as it is. And with frustration Later after 12 days i decided to factory data reset to see if that will help. But issue is still the same.

After Factory data Reset :-

Behaviour is still the same even after using all battery caring features,even i use auto start manager denied all apps and also have restricted many apps but no help.

Now what i am seeing is if i dont use my phone for so long or u can say if it is kept idle/Standby drain keeps running in background while super clean feature for all apps is On, as soon as i lock my device Drain is continous. you can say for for every 1.5 Hr of idle time battery drains 4-5 percent approximately.

Daily while i Go to sleep i have turned super saving mode On, what i see is if i keep my battery 20% before going to sleep at 4.30am until in the morning when i wake up at 10.30am i see that my battery is 2-3% remaining or sometimes phone is switched Off.

Now here i really doubt if my replaced/changed battery is original. Which is provided by authorised service centre. I trusted Authorised service centre for Original battery and so i decided to take a chance and what i now see is something fisshy here even after paying so much to replace a battery. How can a origianal battery degrade soo much just in 4months after replacement?? While my old original battery which came with device use to give me 4hrs of SOT even after 2.5 years of usage before replacement.

Here are some proofs with date and time how battery is degraded and keeps doing idle drain while i was working for long time without unlocking my device (Auto start manager all apps are denied)👇:-

At 4.55 pm 50%

screenshot-20210722-165522226-1.jpg

At 6.20 pm 46%

screenshot-20210722-182039476-1.jpg

At 8.03 pm 41%

screenshot-20210722-200303891-1.jpg

Now at night while going to sleep :-

At 4.25 am 20% (Super saving On)

screenshot-20210723-042506389-1.jpg

At 10.58 am 3% (Woke up)

screenshot-20210723-105804918-1.jpg

Overall SOT i am getting for normal use (4 months old battery only)👇:-

screenshot-20210721-212405833.jpg

Battery page doesnt show that idle drain i dont know why,but aside battery starts to drain continous in the background as soon as i lock my device. 🥺😰

I never had any issues with my Zenfone 5z till date but just taking my device to Authorised service centre to change my battery by trusting them ruined my all Flagship experince and now i am frustrated with such backup. Is my replaced/changed battery not an original battery..??

help me with the solution my battery is still new. I am sad with spare service.

@ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Chris1

Thanks!

[5z] Bad Service! Battery Changed 4 Months ago and now it is very Badly Degraded, Seeing Idle Drain.
@Titan_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Karen_ASUS
I hope for positive response from ASUS.
Thanks!