This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
I'm wondering when Asus will give some official statement about faulty motherboards that are dying in ZF8. Looks quite similar to LG G4 defect in the past.
Now I've copied all my stuff to PC and I'm waiting when my ZF8 will die, I'll get (hopefully) some refund and I'll buy another phone 😅😆

daniel91m
Rising Star II
Łukasz - the question what are the legal grounds for applying for a refund from the seller? (excluding the service resignation from warranty repair). If you have any information, please write me a private message.
@jakislogin2 I was on vacation - two weeks without wifi (I had a backup only within wifi ... I lost most of the photos from the trip), besides, you lose indefinite access to the application, i.e. banking, etc ....

Dooboo
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

I'm wondering when Asus will give some official statement about faulty motherboards that are dying in ZF8. Looks quite similar to LG G4 defect in the past.

Now I've copied all my stuff to PC and I'm waiting when my ZF8 will die, I'll get (hopefully) some refund and I'll buy another phone 😅😆

View post
@lukasz.szabelski we literally asked then directly and they basically ignored us why this is happening.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
jakislogin2

Don't you guys use Google Account (and Google Photos and Google Drive) to backup your devices on a regular basis? I'm shocked that so many people mention loosing data. Phones are electronic devices, that can break anytime. Manufacturer doesn't matter. They can be stolen, may fall to water, etc.

Additionally moving to another device, or restoring after full wipe is a breeze.

View post
@jakislogin2 i do have back ups, however, i do not use google photos to backup up my photos. I dont like the idea of uploading personal photos up there in the cloud haha.
But what hassles the most is you cant access the otp apps, like steam guard etc. You have to set it up all over again.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
daniel91m

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184189#Comment_184189

I was asked for the serial number and rma number - I don't even know why

View post
@daniel91m yeah, still no explanation why.lol
I gave up fighting for a refund. Literally just a waste of time. Obviously they do not care and just want your money.