cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hard-Bricked after firmware update

jennebumke
Star III
Hey Asus (community)!
This morning my unrooted Asus Zenfone 8 (8GB 128GB) black model bricked itself, two days after the last firmware update. I think this could be part of the reason, so I just want to send out a kind warning to anyone out there to wait with installing this upgrade. I don't recall the name and time of the update, I cannot check because, well, my phone literally is hard-bricked.
Happened between 6AM and 7AM while I was not near my phone. It won't turn on. It won't respond to charging, power button (in all combination with volume buttons up to 1 minute).
I still really enjoyed the phone for the past 2,5 months, I think about returning it and buying a new one. All pictures and videos are lost, but I can cope with losing that.
What else could it be, I wonder?
6 REPLIES 6

daniel91m
Rising Star II
You did well that you wrote! I have the impression that this action may end tragically for the asus department responsible for releasing zenfone 8. Very interesting when they run out of parts. In my country, there are regulations saying that the repair cannot take longer than 45 days.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@jennebumke If you haven't done so already, please contact a local ASUS service center and explain your issue to them. Thanks for making a post about it here on Zentalk as well. I'll send you a PM with some follow-up questions as well.