This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace the keyboard of my laptop with a backlit version?

System: Laptop
Model: Vivobook 15 X515JA-EJ532TS
========================
Detailed description:
I can buy a backlit keyboard that is made for the same laptop series (X515JA), hence the exact same layout and shape- the only difference is the backlight, but will the motherboard have the required connectors to power the light? Are there any spec sheets where I can check this or is there any way for me to check myself?
No issues with opening the laptop but I don't know what to look for if I do.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS
nikhilninangeorge
  1. System: Laptop
  2. Model: Vivobook 15 X515JA-EJ532TS

========================

Detailed description:

I can buy a backlit keyboard that is made for the same laptop series (X515JA), hence the exact same layout and shape- the only difference is the backlight, but will the motherboard have the required connectors to power the light? Are there any spec sheets where I can check this or is there any way for me to check myself?

Thanks

@nikhilninangeorge
Sorry, if the shipment specification is a keyboard without backlight. Because the product itself does not write related codes, so it can’t let you install a backlit keyboard to use. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
nikhilninangeorge
  1. System: Laptop
  2. Model: Vivobook 15 X515JA-EJ532TS

========================

Detailed description:

Thanks

@nikhilninangeorge
Sorry, if the shipment specification is a keyboard without backlight. Because the product itself does not write related codes, so it can’t let you install a backlit keyboard to use. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.