cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn on WIFI and Hotspot !

DOPE
Star I
Unable to turn on WIFI and Hotspot !

While turning on the WIFI and Hotspot it says only Turning on and it gets disconnected, this major issue facing lot many users after new version update, below is the link where, me problem has explained very well,
want this issue to be curb ASAP

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: WLAN.HSP.1.1-01722-QCAHSPSWPL_V1_V2_SILICONZ-1.389350.13.427288.2
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 1 day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

6 REPLIES 6

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Wait for the next update maybe they will fix this (?)
But for now the only thing you can do is replace your motherboard

i_liftking
Star III
Can someone from asus please make a statement on this issue. Atleast let us know if it will be fixed in next update.
I only bought this phone 2 months back and now I am left confused if this is hardware or software fault. The people at service center insist on changing motherboard. I use the phone on daily basis to for work from home purpose. I need wifi and Hotspot for that.
If the motherboard needs to be changed, I cannot afford the time with cell phone in repair.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
i.liftking

Can someone from asus please make a statement on this issue. Atleast let us know if it will be fixed in next update.

I only bought this phone 2 months back and now I am left confused if this is hardware or software fault. The people at service center insist on changing motherboard. I use the phone on daily basis to for work from home purpose. I need wifi and Hotspot for that.

If the motherboard needs to be changed, I cannot afford the time with cell phone in repair.

View post
It's hardware fault
My friend have same problem with you and replace his motherboard at ASUS service center
Staff at there said he would replaced my friend motherboard with a new one and the new one has different wifi modul than previous one

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi DOPE,
Please check your PM.