Jeff04
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

My phone is just 1 month out of the 1-year warranty. All microphones of my Rog 2 are not working. I have tried the SIMMI test also and I could not hear any sound recorded. Also, when I call someone, that person cannot hear my voice at all. Besides, I sometimes get "System UI isn't responding" error and no apps can be opened. My phone also goes into a restart loop continuously for 10 - 12 times. All of a sudden, my speakers also fail. I would not be able to listen to any sound at all from the speakers. There is not even a single scratch on my phone and it has been used very carefully. I have no clue what is going on.

3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Jeff04

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My phone is just 1 month out of the 1-year warranty. All microphones of my Rog 2 are not working. I have tried the SIMMI test also and I could not hear any sound recorded. Also, when I call someone, that person cannot hear my voice at all. Besides, I sometimes get "System UI isn't responding" error and no apps can be opened. My phone also goes into a restart loop continuously for 10 - 12 times. All of a sudden, my speakers also fail. I would not be able to listen to any sound at all from the speakers. There is not even a single scratch on my phone and it has been used very carefully. I have no clue what is going on.

All microphones not working
Please visit the service centre as they will probably best to advice and diagnose the issue.

Jeff04
Star I
Do the phone's mics stop working if the headphone jack is not working? I have tried inserting several earphones in the 3.4mm jack but the phone is not recognizing them. I cant hear anything from the earphones. Also, the phone's main speakers work fine even when the earphone is connected through the jack. Thereafter, I tried connecting a Bluetooth earphone and it worked fine; I could hear the voice on a call and also the other person on his phone could hear my voice. Could this be a problem with my headphone jack only or could it be a problem with both, my headphone jack and my phone's mics? @Gustav_ASUS

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Jeff04,
It would be best to visit the service center for diagnosis. You may get some answers here but it will all depend upon the diagnosis done by the service center.