ROG 3 Back System lighting Not Working.

syed_wali2
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: WW_18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: NotRooted
Hello All Expert Guys,
I am having a issue that my back light of Asus ROG 3 is not working, it was working perfect but now not working. I also go to Armoury Crate and check there by turning on X mode and System lighting but still lights off...
I many time update the firmware from your officially website for the black crush issue... I searched on internet someone says that its because of frimware but i checked carefully and downloaded proper WW firmware ... right now i was on 143 something firmware today i update again to 158 WW firmware for check of lighting but same issue not working.
Since i ourchased box pack mobile it have WW version of firmware in it. so i think its not problem of software... i need your guidelines and suggestions.
Also be noted in my phone back there is also logo of Tencent Gaming.
Waiting for your response.
Regards
===============================

13 REPLIES 13

syed_wali2
Star I
Lastly please inform me how to know this mobile is rooted or not???

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
syed.wali2

Lastly please inform me how to know this mobile is rooted or not???

View post
Because you have a CN device that is running WW firmware. Your device was flashed by your reseller before it was purchased by you. Some resellers will note this in the fine print while others won't. ASUS does not sell any Tencent Edition phones with so-called "Global ROM" or "WW firmware".

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
syed.wali2

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183844#Comment_183844

Dear Sir,

I mentioned already i purchased this phone online with Ali Express, and the person didn't accept any claim, I am from Pakistan and also there is no officially service center here.

My bad to purchase this mobile.

Thank You fro your response and guidance.

View post
Do never buy anything expensive through aliexpress, they NEVER give any support for non Chinese speaking users. Your Rog3 is likely a refurb, meaning it has been broken, then some half assed repair has been made and sold further to you. You might be lucky and the RGB is simply not connected properly.
Since you got a tencent phone means you have no warranty and no support. I recommend going to your local phone repair shop and ask them to check up on the RGB, it might be fixed very easily and cheap if you're lucky. However do expect some issues as crossflashed phones like the one you bought are usually riddled with all kinds of bugs and glitches.

syed_wali2
Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184067#Comment_184067

Do never buy anything expensive through aliexpress, they NEVER give any support for non Chinese speaking users. Your Rog3 is likely a refurb, meaning it has been broken, then some half assed repair has been made and sold further to you. You might be lucky and the RGB is simply not connected properly.

Since you got a tencent phone means you have no warranty and no support. I recommend going to your local phone repair shop and ask them to check up on the RGB, it might be fixed very easily and cheap if you're lucky. However do expect some issues as crossflashed phones like the one you bought are usually riddled with all kinds of bugs and glitches.

View post
Thank You Brother