This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Media playback when switching camera to video

cicagorio
Rising Star II
Is it possible to keep Media playback when switching camera to video?
Sometimes I have music playing on my headphones and I want to record a short video, but it stops the audio playback as soon as I switch the camera to video mode. Is there a way to turn this behaviour off?

When using Gcam it doesn't pause the audio automatically, for example. It would be nice if there was some checkbox in the options somewhere that I didn't see
6 REPLIES 6

off2fly115
Rising Star II
YES!!! I would love for this to be an option in the settings. Sometimes I want to record a video with music playing in the back ground but it just stops which sucks. Please make this an option Asus!!

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Elmir There's no setting to change this behavior. AFAIK, the only way to change it would be using ADB commands. Of course you can also refer to other camera apps like Google Camera that function differently.
@off2fly115 Simplest solution would be to start the recording and then resume playback from the quick settings menu / sticky notification. You can then trim the first couple of second from the final video.

cicagorio
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS thanks for the reply. Could you share the adb commands with us please?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Elmir I should clarify that it was not meant to be taken as a recommendation in any way, just a bit of speculation on my part.