Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ux360c touchpad not working

ZT-fdcc9882
Star I
System: touchpad on UX360C
Battery or AC: both
Model: ux360c  (NOT ux360ca or ux360cak)
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: windows 10
Screenshot or video: na
========================
Detailed description:I cracked my touchscreen, and light diffraction thru the crack caused erratic cursor behavior so I disabled and uninstalled the touchscreen driver. Now my touchpad does not work. I disabled and uninstalled the I2C HID driver (and it disappeared from the device manager) but cannot reinstall the ASUS drivers because I get msg saying "already installed". Please tell me how to fix this. My serial no. is GBNOWU044862457

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Sorry I'm confused.
You uninstall the touchscreen driver and the touchpad(trackpad) does not work? They are using different drivers.
I2C HID driver is related to screen. If it disappear, is your touchscreen working as expected? it can display and can detect finger touch?
Please refer to below link to check the model name and you can find the ATK package and touchpad driver on our official website if you need.
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalZenBook Flip UX360|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalAnd please share some screenshot or video of your installation action and I can better help you.
Thank you.

ZT-fdcc9882
Star I
First, can you please tell me the name of the driver for the touchpad on my ASUS? Is it the ATK package???
Second, the ASUS driver site dropdown for model number does not include my model number, which is UX360C --- so which model number should I use??
Third, how can I modify my product registration model number?? I entered it incorrectly and cannot change it.
To clarify, my touchscreen no longer works (which is what I want, since the crack causes erratic behavior).
Now, I downloaded the ATK package, but when I tried to install it I got message that said there is version already installed and therefore another version cannot be installed. I did not uninstall the ATK package that is installed already. Please advise on how to proceed.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
So....for sure that is it the "touchpad" that is not working, right?
1.As you can see in the official support website, the touchpad driver is "ASUS Precision Touchpad". ATK package is related to touchpad, so you would need to reinstall it as well if you have problem with touchpad
2.In the FAQ I provided in the previous reply, you are able to check the exact model name in different way.
3.Product registration is based on product SN. After you key in the SN, it will automatically detect the model for you.
You don't need to choose model. Can you provide a screenshot for this issue?
How to register my ASUS product | Official Support | ASUS Global4.Please refer to below FAQ to find out the ATK package.
[Notebook] ATK Package Security Update for ASUS Notebook PCs | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.