ROG Phone 5 Bottom Speaker Issues.

maxxalin2000
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any audio app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I am the owner of a brand new rog phone 5. I have had the phone for about a week and today I found that the bottom speaker has a problem. When I listen to any kind of sound the bottom speaker has some wierd sound like 'krr' or 'hrr' like a broken speaker when I turn up the volume. At most I have the impression that it stops for a second. I tried to restart phone or change out settings but the problem is there no matter what. What I didn't try is to factory reset the phone. The top speaker has no issue. When I received the phone I had no problems. I noticed the problem after I updated to FW but I'm not sure it's from the update or not. the phone is under warranty but before I return it I want to know if it is a hardware issue or it is a software bug. Any ideas? Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32

shubhamsonani8
Star II
The latest one update

maxxalin2000
Star II
Any updates about this issue?

shubhamsonani8
Star II
For my device, not solved yet, from company i was told to downgrade firmware (by downloading from their website) and when i tried that method, it didn't work like after restart it should auto detect update as told but nothing shows up, so yeah u cant manually downgrade

shubhamsonani8
Star II
My firmware is 18.0840.2107.151 updated on 24th August

maxxalin2000
Star II
@shubhamsonani8 yeah, this issue getting frustrating.