This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disconnecting problem

paras0710
Rising Star II
Hi i am having this issue since day 1 with Asus 6z is that wifi connection keeps disconnecting itself randomly and the culprit i think is dual band wifi with same SSID. I have mi router pro and both bands have same SSID and i think Asus 6z is unable to switch between them swiftly and make this problem. All other devices in my home also my previous phone did not have this problem.
I once reported this but i wasn't sure if it is my device or everybody facing the same issue so i keep using it as its is. But now its started to annoying me once i was making some online payment and in middle of payment gateway wifi disconnect and money deducted without redirecting to merchant. A week back i was trying to post this problem here on this forum but when i clicked post the wifi disconnect and it did not posted and everything i wrote got clear so i didn't post it back then also.
I cannot record this on video as it is random (i just checked while writing this it disconnects again and connect itself after 5-10 seconds) when disconnection happens i have to manually connect it or wait for atleast 5-15 seconds to connect automatically.

BTW i already tried reset network from settings

12 REPLIES 12

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
paras0710

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/18111#Comment_18111

How can you do this when both bands have same name and when only 1 and not 2 different network is detecting? There is no option in wifi setting to use 2.4 or 5 Ghz band only like some other phones.

View post
Connect to one of the bands that have the same SSID. Check if it's 2.4 or 5 GHz in wifi setting. Then choose if you would like to use it or not. If not click on "forget".
0TT7VRH70RYO.jpg

paras0710
Rising Star II
cobben

Do you have "Switch to mobile data" activated in the Wifi Advanced settings?

That could possibly cause this.

I stopped trying to use this dual wifi setting on my old Xiaomi Mini router years ago as all my devices acted like you are describing.

Maybe your newer router does the handover better.

View post
No 'switch to mobile data' is off and also i am not using routers dual wifi setting it is off i just named both bands same and let the client device choose which band to connect and it working so smoothly on all device including my previous phone until Asus 6z.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Cod The Doc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/18130#Comment_18130

Connect to one of the bands that have the same SSID. Check if it's 2.4 or 5 GHz in wifi setting. Then choose if you would like to use it or not. If not click on "forget".

0TT7VRH70RYO.jpg

View post
I wish it work like that it dont forget by which band you are connected to it just forgot password for that particular SSID no matter on which frequency. Like i didn't entered password for both band individually but it still connects to both in the same manner it cant forget 2.4 only if 5ghz also have same SSID.