ROG 3 Back System lighting Not Working.

syed_wali2
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3
Firmware Version: WW_18.0410.2108.158
Rooted or not: NotRooted
Hello All Expert Guys,
I am having a issue that my back light of Asus ROG 3 is not working, it was working perfect but now not working. I also go to Armoury Crate and check there by turning on X mode and System lighting but still lights off...
I many time update the firmware from your officially website for the black crush issue... I searched on internet someone says that its because of frimware but i checked carefully and downloaded proper WW firmware ... right now i was on 143 something firmware today i update again to 158 WW firmware for check of lighting but same issue not working.
Since i ourchased box pack mobile it have WW version of firmware in it. so i think its not problem of software... i need your guidelines and suggestions.
Also be noted in my phone back there is also logo of Tencent Gaming.
Waiting for your response.
Regards
===============================

13 REPLIES 13

BPM
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk!

We are seeing reports that some users have been sold Tencent-branded devices intended for the Chinese market, that have been flashed with global ROM by the reseller.

Again, we would like to make it clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with so called "international ROM" or "global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination. If you are facing any type of issue with your device - please contact your reseller who sold you the device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and device model does not match. Some resellers note this in the fine print, others do not.

For more information regarding this subject, please refer to this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM"
That said, to ensure it isn't a hardware issue, you'll want to run the SMMI test.
1 - Open the ASUS calculator app on your phone.
2 - Type in .12345+
3 - Tap =
4 - Select Single Test
For this issue, you'll want to run the three "Aura and Bump LED" tests at the bottom of the list.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @syed.wali2
You can try what BPM is suggesting but please notice also that this is a Tencent edition flashed with global ROM by the reseller. This is a configuration that we are not supporting and therefore we cannot warranty its functionality.
You can read more about it here
[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM" — ZenTalk (asus.com)
You can contact your reseller for a refund.

syed_wali2
Star I
well now you guys told me that Tencent Asus ROG 3 should not be global version its should be in Chinese firmware... so i ordered online this mobile because i lived in Pakistan and there is not officially launch of this product.
Now can you guide me if i download the Chinese Firmware and install in it, then it will work or not???

syed_wali2
Star I
BPM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44774/psa-tencent-branded-rog-phone-3-with-global-internation...

That said, to ensure it isn't a hardware issue, you'll want to run the SMMI test.

1 - Open the ASUS calculator app on your phone.

2 - Type in .12345+

3 - Tap =

4 - Select Single Test

For this issue, you'll want to run the three "Aura and Bump LED" tests at the bottom of the list.

View post
Dear Sir i check all Aura Lighting Red, Blue And Green Test , all tests goes to Fail.