This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
marco.moretti

Got the same problem here, my phone shut down completely, and my whole life is on it. 2FA for banks and public offices. I'll get this fixed and switch back to OnePlus, I had the 6T for three years and it never failed me once.

Damn you Asus and your crappy phones.

View post
Check your inbox for a PM from me.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
Losing my patience already. Do i need to get a lawyer or something? We do have lemon rights in singapore. But not sure if should i pursue the retailer or asus directly?

pipsss81
Rising Star I
If you cant understand laws in your country, then get a lawyer and he will explain laws that apply. But it will probably cost you half of the phone just for that. Knowledge is $$$.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I'm closing this thread since we're moving away from the original topic and I'm already in contact with the affected users via PM.
For new users finding this thread: If you are experiencing the RAM dump issue described in the original post, please create a separate thread and we'll take a closer look at it. Thanks.