Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
vrshankar0000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183173#Comment_183173

I didn't understand what you said, bro. But you can look at the screenshots showing the new firmware update ending .151 not fixed the issue. In response to the video I put on YouTube about this issue, some users told me they have experienced a shutdown.

Describe your way of the software/firmware update process. We will follow the same in order to avoid these bugs.

View post
It did not fix the issue. I got my wifi not working issue after few days of the update.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Long story short: it will be taking more than a month to get my rog 5 repaired,i submitted my phone on 12 august, they have ordered the motherboard,they will recieve the motherboard by 19 september,then they will take another week to complete the repair and ship my phone.
if only they had concentrated more on customer service and less on rgb”s,they might not be loosing so many customers.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
krnapj

Long story short: it will be taking more than a month to get my rog 5 repaired,i submitted my phone on 12 august, they have ordered the motherboard,they will recieve the motherboard by 19 september,then they will take another week to complete the repair and ship my phone.

if only they had concentrated more on customer service and less on rgb”s,they might not be loosing so many customers.

View post
That is also why i am hesirant on going to the service center. Went to them thrice for rog 3 issue. And you have to wait for about a month to got it fix, not to mention the exhaustion of travelling nore than an hour to get there. That os why i am considering the seevice center for last resort.

i_liftking
Star III
I am facing the same issue since last week. It was my biggest mistake to invest in asus flagship phone. Now i can't even use Hotspot for work from home purpose.

Kapernaum
Star II
SujitMaximum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182948#Comment_182948

You cant fix the phone, it has to be taken to service center only solution is motherboard replacement. Dont waste ur time take it to the nearest service center you will get it in 4-5 buisness days

View post
I'm from Mizoram, i don't know where is the service center. Please tell me where it is😶