This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

Chris1
Rising Star II
irvin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182676#Comment_182676

Pipss, this isnt an isolated case, it is a present issue since zenfone 6 and rogphones according to some people. We are not even considering the people who doesnt post anything in the internet. Yes i am trying to be annoying so people from asus can see and do action about it. You see, if this happened to you, you lost all your files, otp apps, because you trusted a brand, wouldnt you be pissed in the said brand? Network issue isnt that bad compared to a totally bricked phone in a month. Not defending oneplus, had blutooth problems after years of using it. But we are talking about bricked phone in a month use.

View post
If it's since ZF6, Asus should be aware of the problem...

daniel91m
Rising Star II
I'm currently on vacation - guess what happened? black screen and no response to any keys. on the phone, I have a lot of photos that will probably be lost from the holidays. Zenfon disappointed my expectations, but what has happened now is a nightmare. I lost my photos, contact with the world, money for that hopeless phone call. I wonder how long the repair will take. I'd love to get my money back. Asus shame on you! you screwed up the phone and my vacation!

Dooboo
Rising Star II
daniel91m

I'm currently on vacation - guess what happened? black screen and no response to any keys. on the phone, I have a lot of photos that will probably be lost from the holidays. Zenfon disappointed my expectations, but what has happened now is a nightmare. I lost my photos, contact with the world, money for that hopeless phone call. I wonder how long the repair will take. I'd love to get my money back. Asus shame on you! you screwed up the phone and my vacation!

View post
Welcome to the club @daniel91m , it took a week for me, they will deliver my phone back tomorrow. And when i asked what was the problem with the phone, they just sent me the invoice with no reason at all besides replacing the mainboard. So that means it can happen again.
Yeah, the hassle frustrates me the more. I cant do contactless payment, all the otp apps, messaging,etc.
For a 1month old phone, this is 10/10fail of a phone.

NaitikK
Rising Star I

irvin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183186#Comment_183186

Welcome to the club @daniel91m , it took a week for me, they will deliver my phone back tomorrow. And when i asked what was the problem with the phone, they just sent me the invoice with no reason at all besides replacing the mainboard. So that means it can happen again.

Yeah, the hassle frustrates me the more. I cant do contactless payment, all the otp apps, messaging,etc.

For a 1month old phone, this is 10/10fail of a phone.

View post
Even I agree with the fact that their services are super obscure. The customer is not informed of what's wrong with the device and the reasons behind it. All he knows is what spare is used. In my case, the repair staff performed some botched repair and it's been 40+ days since I last had my phone 5z. It's still not repaired yet. No one really cares.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
NaitikK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183218#Comment_183218

Even I agree with the fact that their services are super obscure. The customer is not informed of what's wrong with the device and the reasons behind it. All he knows is what spare is used. In my case, the repair staff performed some botched repair and it's been 40+ days since I last had my phone 5z. It's still not repaired yet. No one really cares.

View post
I would stay away from their phones, i wish i did.