This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN+Arrow Keys no longer change aura brightness of the keyboard_ Brand New Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

rnogueira611
Star II
System: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus TUF A15 FA506QM (R7 5800H + RTX 3060 + 16gb 3200mhz)
Frequency of occurrence: Always happening, since a few days ago
Reset OS: Not yet
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:Every Hotkey works perfectly, including the FN+RIGHT/LEFT hotkey to change the aura mode, but the FN+UP/DOWN stopped working a few days, I haven't done anything in particular to cause this problem, the pc is brand new, i got it 10 days ago, it is pretty much stock.
Help please.
Also, when I run diagnostics on MyAsus app, it doesn't let me see the result for some reason.
127 REPLIES 127

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Qiqo

Hi blake please help, i too am having the same problem, my serial number has changed after the bios update

View post
Hello Qiqo,
PM sent. Please kindly check.
Thank you.

savarsri
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS , I also have had the exact same problem keyboard problem for the past month.
I bought the laptop and updated its software the next day and my bios got updated to version 307 (which i guess has this problem)
If you have any solution can you help me.
BIOS version:- 307
MODEL:- Asus TUF A15 2021 (5800h and RTX 3060)
FA566QM (It is written behind the laptop but by my research, it is the same as FA506QM i guess)

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
savarsri

Hi @Blake_ASUS , I also have had the exact same problem keyboard problem for the past month.

I bought the laptop and updated its software the next day and my bios got updated to version 307 (which i guess has this problem)

If you have any solution can you help me.

BIOS version:- 307

MODEL:- Asus TUF A15 2021 (5800h and RTX 3060)

FA566QM (It is written behind the laptop but by my research, it is the same as FA506QM i guess)

View post
Hi there,
PM sent! Please kindly check.
Thank you.

puiholam2-c
Star I
My other post is censored for some reasons. This is confirmed to be a bug in the firmware. As of 04/09/2021, the backlight control still does not work in the BIOS. The beta driver sent to me by Blake makes it work before the computer is booted into Windows, Linux, or BIOS. It stops working after. Also, the backlight setting from before the computer is booted into OS gets reset. Therefore, we can conclude that this is a bug, and it fails to function as it should. This is NOT a feature request. The backlight should be able to change IN THE BIOS. Heck, even my 15 dollar mechanical keyboard backlight change properly in the BIOS.
DO NOT CENSOR THIS AGAIN

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
puiholam2-c

My other post is censored for some reasons. This is confirmed to be a bug in the firmware. As of 04/09/2021, the backlight control still does not work in the BIOS. The beta driver sent to me by Blake makes it work before the computer is booted into Windows, Linux, or BIOS. It stops working after. Also, the backlight setting from before the computer is booted into OS gets reset. Therefore, we can conclude that this is a bug, and it fails to function as it should. This is NOT a feature request. The backlight should be able to change IN THE BIOS. Heck, even my 15 dollar mechanical keyboard backlight change properly in the BIOS.

DO NOT CENSOR THIS AGAIN

View post
Hi there,
If you can help to cooperate with troubleshooting, me and our technical team would really appreciate and always waiting to help. Thank you.