This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 2 performance drop when battery reach 3% below.

indraoey12
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why my Rog 2 get performance drop when battery reach 3% - 0% ? After reach 3% open chrome or other app become lag and fingerprint scan became slow, Even i can't play game. I try throttle test when reach 1% with X mode.
But in real X-Mode not help with that performance drop. Any one face that problem ? Or just my phone ?
Sorry for my English.
screenshot-20210723-030534531.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

Andrea
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@indraoey12 That's more or less by design and nothing out of the ordinary. As other's have suggested, charge your device before letting it dip to those levels and you'll be fine.

View post
Hi @Gustav_ASUS , I'm not really sure this is a thing by design. I would like to remember everyone that this thing didn't exist with Android 9 and became a thing immediately when you released the Android 10 upgrade. Other devices from other brands don't have this behavior with Android 10. I won't define it a "feature" of Android 10, it's more like a bug for me, and really an unwanted one in my case. If I would like to reduce my performance with low battery, I would use the options provided by the Power Master for the low battery. So, I don't know if it's too late to be taken into consideration, but I would ask you to check this and if possible work on a fix because it's unacceptable that performance drops without the user permissions.
Regards,
Andrea

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Andrea

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180692#Comment_180692

Hi @Gustav_ASUS , I'm not really sure this is a thing by design. I would like to remember everyone that this thing didn't exist with Android 9 and became a thing immediately when you released the Android 10 upgrade. Other devices from other brands don't have this behavior with Android 10. I won't define it a "feature" of Android 10, it's more like a bug for me, and really an unwanted one in my case. If I would like to reduce my performance with low battery, I would use the options provided by the Power Master for the low battery. So, I don't know if it's too late to be taken into consideration, but I would ask you to check this and if possible work on a fix because it's unacceptable that performance drops without the user permissions.

Regards,

Andrea

View post
Put your phone on charger and on your way.
Leaving your phone below 10% is actually killing your battery. The phone would slowly turn off useless things to save your phone from prematurely shutting down and prevent corrupting your system.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Andrea I don't want to sound dismissive but I have a hard time seeing why this would be a major problem. The straight-forward solution is to simply charge your device before it hits 3% battery.

Andrea
Star III
Hi @Gustav_ASUS ,
I agree with you that it's hard to define this a problem but in my case it's still an unwanted behavior which I was very happy to not have with Android 9. The recharge solution in this case it's more like a workaround. As I said we have the power master features if we want to reduce performance with low battery, so if I don't want to, I don't understand why I should have this huge performance drop. Shouldn't be more fair to let the users choose what they want as it was with Android 9?
Thanks,
Andrea

Yuran
Rising Star I
In fact, this phone not only drops performance when battery is low but also drops its performance within 48h (sometimes less) of usage. This is smth I have posted in these forums a lot of times already, did a lot of troubleshooting, hard reseted the phone, etc and still no idea why. This phone starts to lag even through the UI within 48h of usage. Very noticeable. Something that never happened in A9. Any ideas anyone? Thank you