Star III
System: Windows 10 Home Single Language
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: I am using the Core i7 model with 16 GB RAM and Iris Xe graphics. When playing Train Sim World 2, the video memory usage would be abnormally high, which can crash the game. But I recently found out that after installing the latest generic driver from Intel, the problem was solved and the memory usage dropped significantly.
This is with the latest graphics driver from Asus website:
screenshot-2021-08-25-161635.png
And this is with the latest generic Intel driver:
screenshot-2021-08-25-161113.png
Since it's recommended to use the Asus provided driver, can Asus provide a driver update which will fix this video memory issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
The drivers we put on our website is still from the supplier.
We will test and verify each issue before putting on the website and it will take some time.
If you have urgent or special need, you are welcome to use it in advance yourself.
Thank you.

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
So is it ok to use the driver from Intel website permanently? Because I got a warning that the driver removes OEM customisations but so far I haven't found any issues with it.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
ahnafm

So is it ok to use the driver from Intel website permanently? Because I got a warning that the driver removes OEM customisations but so far I haven't found any issues with it.

View post
i am using only graphics drivers directly from intel website, moreover, intel provides generic vanilla DCH based drivers which are not customized to a particular graphics card model and not having many embedded features.
But OEM provides customized drivers only for the particular models having embedded options.
When you install drivers from the intel website, it removes OEM installed drivers, this is by design.

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
Yes but the game is unplayable with the current driver provided by Asus. I don't want to keep changing between the generic driver and Asus driver just to play this game.