This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Support

ed_peciulis
Star I
What kind of global support does ASUS offer for the ZenFone 6?
I travel a lot so would I be stuck if something goes wrong in another country? My sister had a problem with her ZenFone and Customer Support refused warranty service and said to contact China for service.
That's not a practical solution if I would have to send my phone halfway across the world for warranty service, so I don't know if I want to buy a ZenFone 6 for this reason.
What kind of experience do others have with ASUS Suport? Did they solve your problem, or did they tell you to go to China for service? I want to defy ordinary, but what happens when there's a problem and I need support?
16 REPLIES 16

ed_peciulis
Star I
These strict policies that make it hard to get service are not convenient for customers. I've never had a warranty issue with my ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom, but my sister did and she was told to contact China for warranty service. Her phone is the WW version, so it doesn't have any unique technology that can't be serviced outside of China. Hopefully someday ASUS will improve their support.
@Anders_ASUS Does ASUS Customer Support in China communicate only in Chinese? Their website is only in Chinese: https://www.asus.com.cn/support/Service-Center/China# I'm pretty sure it would be very inconvenient to get service. When you make it difficult for customers to get support, you will not have happy customers.
@LP_ASUS I think you're right that ASUS phones might not be the best choice for me. I've had the Zenfone 3 Zoom for a few years now without any problems, but I don't like the idea that if there were a problem I would be stuck without warranty support (unless I learn Chinese and communicate with China Support). Therefore I won't upgrade to the Zenfone 6, even though it looks like a cool phone.

ed_peciulis
Star I
MisterSavage

Maybe this could be something ASUS could change. You want to target power users, then being flexible comes with that. What do other companies do? Better service = better experience = better feedback (stories) online = loyal customers. Strict policies that are bad for customers = bad feedback online = negative experience shared with others. So you want to grow your smartphone business and be a player? Some people put product support near the top of importance. You might have a handful of people who reach out for this and it's made out to sound like it's a crisis and it's going to cost the company millions. Lost customer costs how much?

View post
I agree 100%. If ASUS makes quality phones then there will be hardly any people contacting Product Support, but for the very few people who need support it's better to make it as easy and flexible as possible instead of making it a bad experience for the customer. I don't have time to send my phone halfway around the world for service and if I have the WW version I should get fast, efficient service wherever I am.

Natebird
Rising Star I
ed.peciulis

These strict policies that make it hard to get service are not convenient for customers. I've never had a warranty issue with my ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom, but my sister did and she was told to contact China for warranty service. Her phone is the WW version, so it doesn't have any unique technology that can't be serviced outside of China. Hopefully someday ASUS will improve their support.

@Anders_ASUS Does ASUS Customer Support in China communicate only in Chinese? Their website is only in Chinese: https://www.asus.com.cn/support/Service-Center/China# I'm pretty sure it would be very inconvenient to get service. When you make it difficult for customers to get support, you will not have happy customers.

@LP_ASUS I think you're right that ASUS phones might not be the best choice for me. I've had the Zenfone 3 Zoom for a few years now without any problems, but I don't like the idea that if there were a problem I would be stuck without warranty support (unless I learn Chinese and communicate with China Support). Therefore I won't upgrade to the Zenfone 6, even though it looks like a cool phone.

View post
I use Upsie.com they also have a Android app but I use this for my warranties ACH etc

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
I first glance of the thread title "Warranty Support", I was thinking oxymoron. Sorry to say this but...
ASUS fails to acknowledge the intelligence or level of expertise consumers have with their products. If people mishandle their product, chances are they aren't going to be upset to hear that it's not covered by warranty. ASUS also fails to realize their own quality (or lack thereof) shortcomings. Maybe the parts in the product are cheap or unproven. Then the customer who bought it takes the fall and can't get the product fixed under warranty. Lastly, ASUS is not user-friendly. Appreciate your customer more and back it up by finding solutions other than turning people away angry so those said customers hit your social media with their horror stories. Business wise the warranty support loses far more business than it saves.

ed_peciulis
Star I
I agree that ASUS is not user friendly. If you have to figure out on your own how to obtain warranty service in China because your phone is defective, then such a company doesn't value their customers. China is a big country, so it would make sense to help identify a specific service center that can handle mail-in warranty service and can respond to English-speaking customers.
To make it worse, every message includes insulting false sympathy, like "I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, I completely understand how frustrating that can be and I assure you our team will work with you to reach the best possible solution." and "Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. We value you as an important Asus customer" and "We do value your business, thank you for being a part of the ASUS family."
I think such "sympathy" is appropriate if you're not going to solve the customer's problem. It comes across as sarcastic.