Star I
System: windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: zenbook 14 ux435ea
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought a new samsung smart monitor M7, with a usb-c input with a usb hub. The usb peripherals I connect are detected by the computer, and the computer charges. I get an error saying is the computer compatible with the displayport monitor? I have removed, re installed the drivers several times now. I have gone through the troubleshooting guide on asus website and nothing changes. I have checked the specifications of the computer and the usb-c thunderbolt is supposed to support displayport. Any suggestions?

Jonas
5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jonas,
Is below link the monitor you are using?
32” M7 4K UHD Smart Monitor with Streaming TV - LS32AM702UNXZA | Samsung USI did not see what kind of Displayport signal it is using. Can you specify if I misunderstand?
And if you connect the device with direct HDMI-HDMI cable or TypeC-TypeC cable, without any adapter,
does it help?
Thank you.

Jonase0202
Star I
HDMI works fine, but I would like the convenience of usb c functionality. Yes it`s the correct monitor. I know that the usbc cable is of a high speed, usb 3.1 at least.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jonas,
The Type C port of the laptop is supporting Thunderbolt 4 display signal.
Please kindly double check if the monitor and the cable are supporting this as well.
Thank you.

Jonase0202
Star I
I found the solution, the cable I was using was too long. Thunderbolt has a limit to how far it works. Just couldn't get my head around the error from Windows and the fact that the usb ports on the monitor and the charging worked.

Anyways thank you for the suggestion, this has been alot more helpful then Samsung customer service 😁

Jonas