Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182884#Comment_182884

So basicially no source, big blablah. As pointed out by many users already, india is a large market for ASUS, there is no compelling reason for them to shut anything down.

1.) More likely that ASUS is shutting down bad service centers due to constant messing up and are looking for alternatives as they do not have their own service centers and are hiring 3rd part service centers. As can be seen on these forums, there are certain service centers that do a terrible job and multiple users face some serious after purchase issues.

2.) Only strenghtens point 1.

3.) Probably due to misuse of the support app. As many people on these forums react like a kid on a fitting rage.

4.) Again strentens point 1

5.) This has been reported many times way before as well, again strenghtens point 1.

6.) Once again, strenghtens point 1.

View post
What a silly explanation are these. For Asus, quality and customer service doesn't matter at all. If they are so concerned about quality then why haven't did quality check of these manufacturing defective devices before selling to customers. Now when customers are complaining then they should come forward to make a statement but they won't and as it's manufacturing defect so for quality purpose they should take back all units sold to customers.
Regarding service centers, they have very less service centers across India and if they are closing it for quality assurance then replacement of that service center must be open before. In my city which is one of the biggest city in India, only 2 service centers are there and one which is nearest to me don't have any equipment for hardware repair what a quality service center they have. What Asus expect, should I visit to their service center in Taiwan for quality service.
And at last for chat support, you can't close just because people are asking irrelevant queries some time. In that case, how other companies are running their chat support.

NemesisSS
Star I
I am also facing this problem from July 18 at least recently I got a new software update but there is nothing improved. And guess what this software update got another issue which is speaker problem after doing this update my call speaker loudspeaker all kind of speaker in my phone are turned off... Really very disappointing thing. Shame on you Asus team.. this is my first phone in Asus ROG 5 and now you guys make me very disappointed and I promise you guys I will never purchase products from you. Also I will never gonna recommend anyone to purchase Asus product.. shame on you Asus🤬

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
NemesisSS

I am also facing this problem from July 18 at least recently I got a new software update but there is nothing improved. And guess what this software update got another issue which is speaker problem after doing this update my call speaker loudspeaker all kind of speaker in my phone are turned off... Really very disappointing thing. Shame on you Asus team.. this is my first phone in Asus ROG 5 and now you guys make me very disappointed and I promise you guys I will never purchase products from you. Also I will never gonna recommend anyone to purchase Asus product.. shame on you Asus🤬

View post
They must be aware of these issues now as many customers visited their service centers and even everyday complaining on customer support, Zentalk and social media but i guess Asus team ignoring it and don't want to reveal their manufacturing defect out to world.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
And ROG Phone 5 will be first and last device for many customers like me from that shameless company who sold manufacturing defective product and then don't say a word about that.

vrshankar0000
Star III
SujitMaximum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178287#Comment_178287

@Yamini @freakingrocky did you try the new update, Recived few days back? I got my phone fixed from service center i fear it might get happen again..

View post
No, don't update to the new one. It is causing a complete shutdown of phone. Some users reported me the same.