Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Optimus
Star I
SujitMaximum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/178287#Comment_178287

@Yamini @freakingrocky did you try the new update, Recived few days back? I got my phone fixed from service center i fear it might get happen again..

View post
I have installed latest update 2107.151....But wifi & Hotspot issue still not resolved

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ZT-83edda0e

Hi guys, I would like to appeal everyone to please raise a complaint in consumer helpline and consumer court then only these deaf people from Asus will listen to consumers. I have already raised complaints in both forum.

View post
Hello,
Why would we want us to do this, personally, I have no reason, the majority of users with a WiFi problem have had the motherboard changed, more or less quickly it is true.
As the device is only a few weeks old, users would be entitled to demand an extension of the warranty on the date of the motherboard change and that is what I will do, if Asus does not want this is a valid reason to resort to a consumer association.
To date, there are many unknowns, manufacturing problem, heating, other causes? and especially what% of Rog5 are affected.
Do not forget that satisfied users rarely come to say it, researching WiFi outages, in europe, in china, not found, in the US on reddit / wifi outage survey 5 and here 5 or 6.
I don't think the number of cases is enough to go beyond warranty service
Finally, and this is a point that I would like to mention, having been director of IT systems and services, I have always said and consider myself that the customer is king, one, two, three excess of anger can be understood, especially that the device is new and must be resolved, with a lot of diplomacy, beyond, with as much eagerness to see insult, the problem can no longer be resolved amicably.
Check out the Chinese forum, you may learn that there are other ways to solve a problem.

krnapj
Rising Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182893#Comment_182893

Hello,

Why would we want us to do this, personally, I have no reason, the majority of users with a WiFi problem have had the motherboard changed, more or less quickly it is true.

As the device is only a few weeks old, users would be entitled to demand an extension of the warranty on the date of the motherboard change and that is what I will do, if Asus does not want this is a valid reason to resort to a consumer association.

To date, there are many unknowns, manufacturing problem, heating, other causes? and especially what% of Rog5 are affected.

Do not forget that satisfied users rarely come to say it, researching WiFi outages, in europe, in china, not found, in the US on reddit / wifi outage survey 5 and here 5 or 6.

I don't think the number of cases is enough to go beyond warranty service

Finally, and this is a point that I would like to mention, having been director of IT systems and services, I have always said and consider myself that the customer is king, one, two, three excess of anger can be understood, especially that the device is new and must be resolved, with a lot of diplomacy, beyond, with as much eagerness to see insult, the problem can no longer be resolved amicably.

Check out the Chinese forum, you may learn that there are other ways to solve a problem.

View post
My device is at the service center since 12 days,now they say it ll take 2 more weeks.reason enough ?

SujitMaximum
Star III
Optimus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182969#Comment_182969

I have installed latest update 2107.151....But wifi & Hotspot issue still not resolved

View post
No latest update wont fix it..it needs a hardware (motherboard) replacement..its the only option

FunBike31
Community Legend I
krnapj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182985#Comment_182985

My device is at the service center since 12 days,now they say it ll take 2 more weeks.reason enough ?

View post
Yes of course that is sufficient reason for at least an extension of the warranty and even another gesture, 4-5 weeks is very long, there are certainly circumstances (Covid-19 and the holidays) but this is not the customer's fault.
This is not the subject of my previous answer, which concerns one or more users and their ways of proceeding, crying wolf that customer service is faulty but without having returned their broken smartphones.
When on demand this Asus recognizes a defective series, it is not in a month that this is done if it must be done.
There are only cases of risk of serious accidents (battery explosion) or this is treated as a priority, as with the Note 7 or the MacBook pro.
In the other known cases (iphone 11, iphone 6s) the delay was respectively 6 months and 1 year for a manufacturing problem.
Only Xiaomi has been more responsive and more generous than Samsung and Apple.