This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi disconnecting problem

paras0710
Rising Star II
Hi i am having this issue since day 1 with Asus 6z is that wifi connection keeps disconnecting itself randomly and the culprit i think is dual band wifi with same SSID. I have mi router pro and both bands have same SSID and i think Asus 6z is unable to switch between them swiftly and make this problem. All other devices in my home also my previous phone did not have this problem.
I once reported this but i wasn't sure if it is my device or everybody facing the same issue so i keep using it as its is. But now its started to annoying me once i was making some online payment and in middle of payment gateway wifi disconnect and money deducted without redirecting to merchant. A week back i was trying to post this problem here on this forum but when i clicked post the wifi disconnect and it did not posted and everything i wrote got clear so i didn't post it back then also.
I cannot record this on video as it is random (i just checked while writing this it disconnects again and connect itself after 5-10 seconds) when disconnection happens i have to manually connect it or wait for atleast 5-15 seconds to connect automatically.

BTW i already tried reset network from settings

12 REPLIES 12

paras0710
Rising Star II
Not facing disconnecting after changing different SSID for Both Bands till now. But i want to name it same.

paras0710
Rising Star II
The Problem is annoying me a lot today device is disconnecting frequently. I cant change wifi name/SSID because i cant change settings in all the other devices and all are working fine with this setup only Asus is having problem.

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
paras0710

The Problem is annoying me a lot today device is disconnecting frequently. I cant change wifi name/SSID because i cant change settings in all the other devices and all are working fine with this setup only Asus is having problem.

View post
I think the best solution is to let the 6Z "forget" one (2.4 GHz) or another (5 GHz) band. I had same issue but I solved it letting my 6z connect only to the 5 GHz band even if it had the same SSID name of the 2.4 GHz band.

paras0710
Rising Star II
Cod The Doc

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/18103#Comment_18103

I think the best solution is to let the 6Z "forget" one (2.4 GHz) or another (5 GHz) band. I had same issue but I solved it letting my 6z connect only to the 5 GHz band even if it had the same SSID name of the 2.4 GHz band.

View post
How can you do this when both bands have same name and when only 1 and not 2 different network is detecting? There is no option in wifi setting to use 2.4 or 5 Ghz band only like some other phones.

cobben
Rising Star I
Do you have "Switch to mobile data" activated in the Wifi Advanced settings?
That could possibly cause this.
I stopped trying to use this dual wifi setting on my old Xiaomi Mini router years ago as all my devices acted like you are describing.
Maybe your newer router does the handover better.