Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

SujitMaximum
Star III
Kapernaum

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182742#Comment_182742

Please tell me how to fix?

View post
You cant fix the phone, it has to be taken to service center only solution is motherboard replacement. Dont waste ur time take it to the nearest service center you will get it in 4-5 buisness days

SujitMaximum
Star III
ZT-83edda0e

Hi guys, I would like to appeal everyone to please raise a complaint in consumer helpline and consumer court then only these deaf people from Asus will listen to consumers. I have already raised complaints in both forum.

View post
Can you share the link ?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-83edda0e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182863#Comment_182863

Closure news was flash one so couldn't capture the link. But I can give you scenarios why I think Asus will be closing it's operations in India:

1. Some of users already reported in Twitter that few service center are closed from last week.

2. When I called to my nearest service center they denied to provide service and conveyed that now only one service center is operating in one of biggest city of India.

3. They have closed the online chat options in their support app.

4. I tried to contact customer care via call but the call was on hold for almost 45 minutes and then i finally give up & cut the call from my end. This clearly shows either they closed customer care or working with very very limited staff.

5. Asus stopped responding, I tried to call their regional manager, CEO helpdesk but no one bother to pick up my call.

6. My Consumer Court and Consumer Forum case is still pending from 10 days but they don't want to response. Maybe they won't be liable after shutting down operations.

View post
So basicially no source, big blablah. As pointed out by many users already, india is a large market for ASUS, there is no compelling reason for them to shut anything down.
1.) More likely that ASUS is shutting down bad service centers due to constant messing up and are looking for alternatives as they do not have their own service centers and are hiring 3rd part service centers. As can be seen on these forums, there are certain service centers that do a terrible job and multiple users face some serious after purchase issues.
2.) Only strenghtens point 1.
3.) Probably due to misuse of the support app. As many people on these forums react like a kid on a fitting rage.
4.) Again strentens point 1
5.) This has been reported many times way before as well, again strenghtens point 1.
6.) Once again, strenghtens point 1.

SujitMaximum
Star III
Yamini

The latest software update on my ROG Phone 5 has the following issues:

1. WiFi icon won't activate upon tapping it.

2. Did a soft reset and a factory reset to try to fix the WiFi issue, nothing works- all the pre installed My ASUS apps have also disappeared.

3. Unable to restore back ups.

4. Unable to turn on WiFi

5. Can't make phone calls while downloading any app or data in the background using mobile data. The person on the other end can't hear me and I can't hear the other person.

Anyone else facing the same issue? I've purchased this phone in May 2021 and have been facing issues ever since.

There was a previous mic issue where other person on the call could only hear my muffled voice.

This issue got better after 1 software update in June. But the latest software update ruined my phone completely. I'm not able to use it for any purpose.

Also, I've used Aeroactive cooler while gaming for a couple of days. Could that cause this issue?

Any leads or help related to the issue described above?

View post
@Yamini @freakingrocky did you try the new update, Recived few days back? I got my phone fixed from service center i fear it might get happen again..

SujitMaximum
Star III
vrshankar0000

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181788#Comment_181788

But if you downgrade it, then you may void the warranty. Right?

View post
Yes , dont do it take it to the service center