Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

Kapernaum
Star II
SujitMaximum

New update is here ..but no mentioned of the wifi issue ..am not updating my phone as of now..i just got my phone fixed..

screenshot-20210823-173224223.jpg

View post
Please tell me how to fix?

vrshankar0000
Star III
ashsharma708

Guys is it any solution for this WIFI issue please let me know about this.

It seems like ASUS is a wastage of money.

#BADSERVICE

View post
If a new firmware update also haven't resolved the issue, then you have to take your phone to the service centre.
Motherboard replacement is the only option.

krnapj
Rising Star I
Its been 12 days since my phone is at the service center,now they say it ll take 10 more days as they hv ordered the mainboard n they ll recieve it after 7-8 days after that they ll repair,do testing n then return it.

SujitMaximum
Star III
ZT-83edda0e

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182743#Comment_182743

Which service center you have visited and how many days they take to get it repaired?

View post
I stay in navi mumbai so i visited service center at vashi plaza 3 rd floor, its took 4 buisness days got my phone on 4th day.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ashsharma708

It was really not expected from Asus ROG 5 since after 1 week of purchase I was facing problems regarding battery & now its time for "WIFI & Hotspot issue"

Does any of u facing this issue:- phone suddenly shut down at 20% & started charging from 0%.

In fact, Asus customer support doesn't respond regarding this new bug, they are just saying u should give ur phone & they will provide ur device after 15-20 days.

I don't think so any of u want to open ur device.

View post
It was, I saw it coming even before the release of the Rog5.