cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls from sim 1 after update in Rog 5

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Hello Team,

After the recent update I am unable to make or receive calls from sim 1. I can use the internet, see network strength it's all good but the incoming and out going fails. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone but the issue persist . When I switch the sim to ssim tray 2 , it works. What's going on here? Did you guys cripple sim 1 tray??

48 REPLIES 48

ViperX88
Star I
SOLVED: The strangest thing, I'm using 2 sims and I was in middle of work when this blasted issue came up. So I swapped SIMS so I could continue making calls and lo and behold! I noticed VOLTE was working on both SIM trays!
So I swapped the SIMS again and now everything is working perfectly. @twothrones7A hope you manage to resolve your issue. I was just about to very badly regret going for an ASUS and I actually love this phone! It's features like great battery and speakers actually make it a great work phone, I'm probably the only one who bought this for work. And it beats paying the silly asking amounts for flagship phones today!

twothrones7A
Star I
@ViperX88 good to hear that your issue is resolved. I didn't update my phone yet with the lastest software I recieved today. Lemme try that and keep you posted.

twothrones7A
Star I
Finally, Finally!!!!! The lastest update fixed the issue. I can see the volte icon in sim tray 1 and it is working as it should be. The technicians who said it is an hardware issue can kiss my ass now. Know your product before commenting on something. We, customer can figure out the issue in your product when you are clueless. It's good that I waited for the new update instead of sending my phone for service centre. Should sell this bloody phone asap 😂 I am moving back to Samsung!

ViperX88
Star I
@twothrones7A I'm glad your phone is back in action! No point blaming underqualified and underpaid technicians, they dont know squat. Software bugs will always exist, even with bigger brands. As long as it aint a deal breaker I dont see why you should stop enjoying a good product. Trust me the ROG phone is extreme value for money!