This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads not working anymore (insufficient memory card space)

Sincerity
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: Android 11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the update to Android 11 I can't download any videos to my phone anymore.
I get the error “current memory card space is insufficient, download paused. Try clearing space“ even though I have over 60 GB free.
Also I cant hide the navigation bar at the bottom anymore with apps like Fluid Navigation Gestures.
It used to work perfectly and I absolutely hate having that bar be there at all times.
Anyone else having the same issues since the update to Android 11?
Cheers,
6 REPLIES 6

Sincerity
Star III
himverma2012

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/181134#Comment_181134

Check the permissions for the app. It should have access to the storage and have permission to make changes to the storage

View post
My browser (the app) does have all the necessary permissions, the problem just occurred since the update before it was never there

Sincerity
Star III
BPM

I just attempted to download a video via Brave and didn't run into any issues. It's likely what @himverma2012 suggested. Android 11 introduced an option where it'll automatically revoke permissions from apps if they aren't used (and even seems like some permissions could have been reset during the upgrade from 10 to 11).

screenshot-20210813-051022214.png

It's a security thing, and I can understand why it was added, but it can also be a bit of an annoyance sometimes... Thankfully, it can be disabled.

As for your second issue... No idea there. I've never tried to hide the navigation bar.

View post
Wow, I didn't even know about this newly added feature.. But after turning this off I'm still having the same issue.
It's not that the download stops once the app goes into background, but the download doesn't even appear in the downloads list of Brave or in my notification bar.
I'm using a service called linksnappy.com for my downloads, maybe it's their fault..