This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A serious bug connected to turning on the device!

nasrk13_nk
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: android 11
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: the bug until now occurred once
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The issue began when i turned my phone off, i usually turn it off to let it cooldown after alot of time playing, i turned it off while charging from my laptop, but when i tried to check charging process, the screen was not responding and it was turned off, after that i tried to to reattach the cord to the phone to trigger charging animation but no use, when i realised the screen isnot responding i trued to turn it on, which wasn't fruitful at all, then tried to use a powerbank to check if the phone rly is drawing power, and yes, the battery leds turned on indicating that the phone was charging, iwas afraid the phone screen was dead, until i did some research, and got a last resort step to do before declaring my phone is offically dead, i pressed both (volume down+power) buttons, after a few sec the screen turned on and the animation bugged a few sec, to go normally to the turning on process and ofc back to my lock screen, the solution isnot guaranteed, and when i tried to see why did that happen it never happened when i turned my phone off again, iam afraid to turn it off now due to the bug, please see the issue developers, and fix it!
Iam not natively An english dude, so please, excuse me due to my poor english typing!
And if anyone experienced this issue, do tell me and message me!
5 REPLIES 5

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
nasrk13.nk

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: android 11
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: the bug until now occurred once
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The issue began when i turned my phone off, i usually turn it off to let it cooldown after alot of time playing, i turned it off while charging from my laptop, but when i tried to check charging process, the screen was not responding and it was turned off, after that i tried to to reattach the cord to the phone to trigger charging animation but no use, when i realised the screen isnot responding i trued to turn it on, which wasn't fruitful at all, then tried to use a powerbank to check if the phone rly is drawing power, and yes, the battery leds turned on indicating that the phone was charging, iwas afraid the phone screen was dead, until i did some research, and got a last resort step to do before declaring my phone is offically dead, i pressed both (volume down+power) buttons, after a few sec the screen turned on and the animation bugged a few sec, to go normally to the turning on process and ofc back to my lock screen, the solution isnot guaranteed, and when i tried to see why did that happen it never happened when i turned my phone off again, iam afraid to turn it off now due to the bug, please see the issue developers, and fix it!

Iam not natively An english dude, so please, excuse me due to my poor english typing!

And if anyone experienced this issue, do tell me and message me!

A serious bug connected to turning on the device!
No worries, it will happen again and it's not harmful.
@Gustav_ASUS
Maybe you want to report this bug to the devs. I do believe its somehow related to the fingerprint function messing something up.

nasrk13_nk
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52056/a-serious-bug-connected-to-turning-on-the-device

@Gustav_ASUS

Maybe you want to report this bug to the devs. I do believe its somehow related to the fingerprint function messing something up.

View post
Fingerprint? Did such issue happened before,? Because i am sure the phone was turned off, and for a sensor to cause such issue, is completely unthinkable of?!! If there is such cases happened like me with other users, please tell me in details, maybe it is like u stated, unharmful bug, but for me, it was a hell of a bug!!!
Also apart from my solution i found
Do you have any other solution for this issue? If it will happen again like u said!

nasrk13_nk
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52056/a-serious-bug-connected-to-turning-on-the-device

@Gustav_ASUS

View post
Wait why did my Quote got deleted, i dont see it, anyway, it was a hell experience to me, and the price i put was so much to me but to get a gaming phone, if this bug or glitch will occure, how to find a guaranteed fix, i rly dont have any asus centre in my country, welcome to syria! Lol

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
nasrk13.nk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182474#Comment_182474

Wait why did my Quote got deleted, i dont see it, anyway, it was a hell experience to me, and the price i put was so much to me but to get a gaming phone, if this bug or glitch will occure, how to find a guaranteed fix, i rly dont have any asus centre in my country, welcome to syria! Lol

View post
The only fix is force restart with power + volume down, then turning it on normally again.