This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Black Crush Issue Fixed? Is this Hardware Issue?

Pervage
Rising Star II
I am seeing black crush issues in Armoury crate as well as while consuming media like YouTube. I have compared with Another Amoled Display.
@Titan_ASUS @kikoly @Anders
11 REPLIES 11

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182022#Comment_182022

I don't know about the ZF7 but people have reported massive black crush on Rog2, I don't know if they refer to color banding or actual black crush, I do believe its the latter tho and the Oneplus 8 has the exact same problem as the Rog3.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-8-pro-black-crush-issue-pixelated-in-dark-areas.1221193/

As for the pixelworks part, we can only speculate, maybe it would cost extra money and ASUS don't want to spend money on an outdated model, maybe pixelworks don't want to get back because it wasnt in their contract, I don't know, it could be a million reasons honestly. Since ASUS isn't transparent and we get different answers depending on which mod we ask, which I believe is due to the mods also not knowing what the devs are even working on. Anders claims they are almost finished with a solution while Gustav claims they are still discussing potential fixes. The only thing we can say for sure given from the responses is that there seems to be a lack of communitation.

View post
and than theres ARP ( no offence ) who still believe its a Hardware issue.............

Pervage
Rising Star II
@Gustav @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS I know its not simple to fix with some piece of code. but my question is ROG Phone 3 is last year model and Its almost more than a year this device has been launched.
I am a software engineer. I know how fixes work but atleast fixing this problem should be priority for devs and then complete the fix.
If we don't get good software experience than how we are gonna consider ROG future phones while buying.