This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

Lammy
Star III
This happened to me a few weeks ago, had to send it for repair. Only got the phone back today, but I'm worried it's going to happen again.

Dooboo
Rising Star II
@Lammy oh god, took few weeks to repair??? I Just sent it yesterday for repair. This is terrible experience. Did they tell you what caused it? Cause I was doing nothing with the phone when it happened. It just turned off on its own. Mind me asking, where are you from?

Dooboo
Rising Star II
My phone rma status is "waiting for spare parts" so I'm guessing it's not software issue. This could happen again even after repair. So you are risking every bit of your time . I'm furious about this,I would understand if I had the phone for years but it's just a month. I wish they consider giving refund instead waiting for a long time to repair this failfone 8.

marco_moretti
Star I
Got the same problem here, my phone shut down completely, and my whole life is on it. 2FA for banks and public offices. I'll get this fixed and switch back to OnePlus, I had the 6T for three years and it never failed me once.
Damn you Asus and your crappy phones.

Lammy
Star III
asus-1.jpg
Here is the note I got when my phone came back from repair. They never even said what the problem was.