nikhil_kaimal
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5
Firmware Version: RKQ1.201022.002.WW_Phone-18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Each time VLC app opens
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): VLC 3.3.4
This issue occurs each time I open the VLC app. Then when I click on 'GO TO MEDIALIBRARY PREFERENCES' and select Internal Memory, it shows all the videos. But once you temporarily leave and open it again i.e. switch apps or restart it, it again shows 'No media files found'.
I tried disabling Auto rescan in settings, and in that case the media files persist between switching apps and restarting VLC. However, in that case no new media files are shown. Only existing ones. And if you have deleted, they still show.
Attaching screenshot:
screenshot-20210801-095858251-7e2.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

nikhil_kaimal
Star III
Lord_Messi

It's a bug

Try to factory reset phone

View post
Okay, now I have factory reset the phone and still the same result !

nikhil_kaimal
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. Let me try duplicating the issue.

View post
Any update ? @ARP_ASUS

nikhil_kaimal
Star III
Same issue on KMPlayer v31.08.120
Works without issues on MX Player v1.39.8

nikhil_kaimal
Star III
Ok I have now downloaded the beta version (3.4.0 Beta 6) and the issue is not there in this version, so it seems like an issue with VLC only !

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
There is a lot of change with Android 11 on storage and rights, internal, external, file types, file location ...... not complete list
Do not put your multimedia files on the root, in an application, as the Rog does not have an SDCard, thank you Asus :(, use the default directories or (external with OTG but it is not patique)
If the application cannot find the files and they are well placed and the permissions are correct, the developer has certainly not done enough compatibility test with Android 11.
Contact the developer and / or Change application.