cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls from sim 1 after update in Rog 5

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Hello Team,

After the recent update I am unable to make or receive calls from sim 1. I can use the internet, see network strength it's all good but the incoming and out going fails. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone but the issue persist . When I switch the sim to ssim tray 2 , it works. What's going on here? Did you guys cripple sim 1 tray??

48 REPLIES 48

FunBike31
Community Legend I
capture-jpg.jpg
Manual selection of the network, that's what I meant, unfortunately for you they don't seem to have roaming agreements between operators. In France, Free and Orange have such an agreement, with Roaming disabled on the phone, if Free does not cover the area, the phone automatically switches to Orange and vice versa.
It also allows me to force a connection to Orange if free is overloaded or just to test services.

Manufacturers can make a package by region / country / language or a single package that groups several when the differences are not important. The specific parts are applied during the update.
As the package is developed and tested in English, some behavioral differences may result. it is not really the case for the system, more for the applications but it is worth trying with the tel in English. i just saw it :), i had voice / 4G disabled, when i switched to english i got a notification telling me i should enable it. if I am (the rog5) in English with voice / 4G disabled and I change the language, I do not have this notification.

No, re-install the same firmware but you can also go back to the firmware of your choice, @Danishblunt to post an XDA-devellopeur link which explains how to do this, page 6 on 08/17 of this topic Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
The Free.fr operator that I have for the Rog Phone 5 does not take VoLTE (this is a limitation of the operator, not of the tel), to test this function on the Sim1 and 2 location of the Rog Phone5 I took my Orange SIM and that of Bouygues from my other phones.
The Rog phone 5 works well in VoLTE (and VoWIFI) with these two operators in both locations.
there is only one difference with the Motorola G8 + and Samsung S20
- G8 + and S20 display Free, Orange and Bouygues before entering the Pin SIM code.
- Rog Phone 5 displays Free, Orange and Bouygues After entering the PIN SIM code.
In all cases, all the functions and settings of the three operators and the package are correct.
this will not solve your problem, just indicate that there is no difference between sim 1 and 2 (except the limitations of the active / passive technology) and that the problem is indeed software in some cases.

twothrones7A
Star I
@FunBike31 Thanks for your response. You may have missed the part where I mentioned, the sim tray picks up the signal, uses mobile data to access internet but the volte icon is not displayed while using sim 1. But when I insert the sim In tray 2 , I can see the volte symbol near my network signal strength. I believe It is something to do with the software than the pins in sim slot.

ViperX88
Star I
Damn it! I just did a software update and I'm suddenly facing the same issue as @twothrones7A 🤬

The moment the software update completed SIM 1 network wasnt showing. I restarted the phone, it started showing the signal bars but I noticed VOLTE wasnt there anymore. And voila, no more incoming or outgoing calls on SIM 1 🤷‍♂️

What the heck do we do about this issue? It most definitely is a software bug, I ran all the tests and SIM 1 is working just fine in tests........

ViperX88
Star I
I called ASUS customer care, they gave the standard procedures of restarting in safe mode, factory reset, etc. I dont want to lose my data as I use this phone for work. They also said they will email me steps to downgrade the firmware, but that turned out to be a dud as it isn't for the ROG phone