This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5 compatibility with cellular operator.

CraCKerO
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello
I am trying to get information about my Rog Phone 5's cellular network, I checked spec page in rog.asus.com but looks like there are many versions from A to H but I don't know which one mine is. Is there any way to find out which one is mine because I couldn't find any relevant information in the FAQ.
I live in Japan, I have KDDI/au cellular operator, I moved my SIM card from my old phone to the new one, I was able to get cellular data working but unable do phone calls, I get "Mobile network not available" when trying to call someone. I went to operator they checked my SIM card and plan validity they confirmed that everything is working fine from their part, so I thought it's possibility the incompatibility between my Rog Phone and their network.
Can Someone help me solve this issue please.
11 REPLIES 11

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@Gustav_ASUS
Thanks, the delay is not a problem for question like that, and Asus has clarified the versions / countries on the new 5s as you can see on the https site below
rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-5s-model/spec
But there's something wrong in my opinion
For Indonesia there is only one active band N40 (2300) and the next ones will be N1,3,5,8
Except here is what we read for the C version
C version: (EMEA, RU, APAC, HK, IN, ID, BR)
5G (Bands N1, N3, N7, N8, N20, N28, N38, N41, N77, N78, N79)
ID is Indonesia? there is not the N40 and the N5 is missing

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@FunBike31 Yes, ID should refer to Indonesia. Let me check and get back to you.