hanskittel
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: ?
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I had purchased this phone and just received it yesterday, and it was working perfect, then it shut down out of nowhere, and I cannot get it to turn back on. I go into the recovery for fastboot and try to restart and it gets stuck inside a boot loop. Also I have factory reset the phone, because when it tried to restart it says that the software may be corrupted. How can I get this phone to turn on again? What do I need to do to get the corrupted files fixed? Re-flash with a specific firmware? Please help
4 REPLIES 4

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Flash it
That's the only way
After that I suggest you to sell your phone and buy global version because it will happen again if you flash tencent to global

Roystoys
Zen Master III
hanskittel

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5 Ultimate
  2. Firmware Version: ?
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I had purchased this phone and just received it yesterday, and it was working perfect, then it shut down out of nowhere, and I cannot get it to turn back on. I go into the recovery for fastboot and try to restart and it gets stuck inside a boot loop. Also I have factory reset the phone, because when it tried to restart it says that the software may be corrupted. How can I get this phone to turn on again? What do I need to do to get the corrupted files fixed? Re-flash with a specific firmware? Please help

ROG Phone 5 Ultimate Tencent Edition with Global/International ROM
Take or send it back for exchange or refund if possible. It should not do that regardless of it being a 10 cent version.
Selling it on is a low act as you would just be passing on your problem and whoever buys it probably won't be able to get a refund or exchange from the original seller

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Asus will not support it if I believe the identical cases of other buyers in the same case.
If you are not a very advanced user with Android and not a regular follower of the XDA forum do not request an exchange from your reseller but require a refund and wait for the availability of the Global version in your country.
@Roystoys
the case of the Ultimate model is different because it was unavailable everywhere and even today it is trickle.
The majority of ultimate buyers have been fooled by dishonest sellers hushing up the consequences of going to WW from CN and it is not a price issue of buyers who want the butter, the butter money, the cow and the dairy. .

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@hanskittel Contact your reseller as this is not a configuration we are selling. See this thread for more information on the subject:
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk!

We are seeing reports that some users have been sold Tencent-branded devices intended for the Chinese market, that have been flashed with global ROM by the reseller.

Again, we would like to make it clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with so called "international ROM" or "global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination. If you are facing any type of issue with your device - please contact your reseller who sold you the device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and device model does not match. Some resellers note this in the fine print, others do not.

For more information regarding this subject, please refer to this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM"