Star III
System: ZenBook 14
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: This is an update regarding my previous thread on this issue which is now closed. It appears the issue is speaker resonance which is most noticable on the left speaker playing Windows system sounds with DTS enabled and volume above 40. Sometimes it is also noticable when hearing human voices in YouTube videos. Otherwise in my real world usage I have not found this issue to be a major disturbance and the speakers work fine for the most part. I think the bottom cover of the laptop is causing this rather than the speakers themselves.
@Blake_ASUS I would like to know if this is expected behaviour? Or is it an issue related to the hardware or audio driver?
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
I have been waiting for a video record to identify the situation or consult more about it.
Thank you.

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
Here is the recording, I don't know how well my phone picked up the audio quality. But you can clearly hear the left speaker vibrating when clicking on Windows volume with DTS on. Though other things like playing music are fine.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11ApVU3admuzqM771jCnn3FTzNmhv7wNj/view?usp=sharing

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
Thank you so much for the video.
There is quite a space for the audio software to improve to utilize the audio performance.
I will report it to related department.
But please also kindly understand that the resonance caused by the hardware is also inevitable, especially when the volume is high.
Thank you.