This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone freezes/restarts during phone calls

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
I've had my Zenfone 8 for a week and a half and keep running into an odd bug. When taking a call using my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm jack, the Zenfone 8 freezes and restarts within 2 minutes of starting the call. This doesn't happen with bluetooth headphones, nor when using the earpiece of the Zenfone 8. I've tried multiple wired headphones, and the issue persists. I'm on the most recent software update, and this persists after a factory reset.
Has anyone else encountered this bug? Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
31 REPLIES 31

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi @StaggeredAmusement
Are you still encountering this issue on the latest 51.103 firmware released last week?

StaggeredAmusem
Star II
I was still encountering it, yes. I sent it in for RMA yesterday.

jrzenfone8
Star III
This happened to me twice today - phone went black and reboot during a call with headphones. I can't tell however if it was exactly two minutes into the call. I have the phone since one week and it had not happened before, whether with headphones or not. Scary! Will keep an eye on it and report if it happens again.

jrzenfone8
Star III
So this just happened again 😕 making a call with headphones, call would connect, phone freezed 1 second into the call. The screen stayed on for a few seconds, then went black and phone rebooted. So it happened today 3 times, only with headphones. Had multiple other calls (with and without headphones) and did not happen. If there are any logs or similar I could activate to help with troubleshooting let me know.