cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

xmasin
Star I
I have questions about VoLTE support for O2 network in Czech republic. Starting firmware version 30.11.55.50 you declare VoLTE and VoWIFI support for O2 Czech republic. Before I found this forum I have asked your local support and O2 about VoLTE support and from both I get information, that Zenfone 8 doesn't support VoLTE for O2 network in Czech republic. Can you please confirm, that you have tested at least VoLTE for O2 network in Czech republic?

hwwyang
Star I
I owned a Zenfone 2, 4 and currently using 5q. I have used all of them on the ATT network in the US. i would like my next phone to be a 8 flip. I love Asus brand, owns two PC with Asus motherboard, two Asus laptop. The only reason my wife is using a OnePlus 7 Pro because Zenfone 6 flip was delayed. My understanding is that 8 flip will not have ATT VoLTE support..... That would really be a bummer....I have 4 gig sd card that I would really like to retain... And use it on 8 Flip... Please make that firmware available for 8 flip when it comes toward the end of this year. Thanks!!

rimsv77
Rising Star II
should i have a question does voLTE and voWIFI run in czech republic O2? Does anyone have the phone and can confirm it's OK?

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi @Gustav_ASUS
Sorry for bothering, please ignore this. Volte was working for few hours and now it's banned again in Orange pl

daveantonin
Star III
T-mobile Czech Republic still does not support VoLTE and Wifi Call. Even HD voice doesn't work here