Star III
System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 19043.1110
Battery or AC: N/A
Model: ZenBook 14 UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Used system restore to fix the issue
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:There is a bug with the SmartConnect setting, when I turn it on sometimes the WiFi would randomly disconnect for one second and then connect again. If I manually disconnect, even with connect automatically disabled for the network it connects back to the WiFi without doing anything.
I was unable to turn SmartConnect off as when I went back into the MyASUS app to turn it off the SmartConnect setting wasn't there. On the homepage the option was there but when I click it, it takes me to the customization page where it isn't there. I didn't know how to reset the MyASUS settings as reinstalling the system control interface driver doesn't reset to default settings, so the only way I found around this was to use System Restore and revert it to a time when I didn't enable it. Now my WiFi issues are fixed and the setting reappeared in the customization page in the MyASUS app.
Please fix this issue, I am using all the latest drivers and versions at the time of this writing.
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there
This is My problem too With smart wifi connect option.
i informed this issue in several times to asus support team but they didn't try to solved this problem and i said to them that is a bug but they advised me other ways to solved that and this problem didn't solve eventually. please as soon as possible fix this issue and publish updated app and driver.
Thanks alot.

nekomimiparadise

I have the same problem, except I do not have a system restore point, so I am stuck with it permanently on without any option to turn it off.

asus-smartconnect.png

View post
this is My problem too,
is any updated published till now to fix this bug for you?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
For the SmartConnect can not be disabled issue, the new MyASUS app will fix it.
The new version is expected to be released at the end of the month.
If there is any news, I will update them here.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

XMarksTheSpot
Star III
MyASUS update got released on MS Store. I think the new version has fixed the problem

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
My ASUS V3.0.19.0 and ASUS System Control Interface V3.0.11.10
have been released.
Please kindly help to update them.
Thank you.