cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls from sim 1 after update in Rog 5

Kamal7hydra
Star I
Hello Team,

After the recent update I am unable to make or receive calls from sim 1. I can use the internet, see network strength it's all good but the incoming and out going fails. I reset network settings, rebooted the phone but the issue persist . When I switch the sim to ssim tray 2 , it works. What's going on here? Did you guys cripple sim 1 tray??

48 REPLIES 48

twothrones7A
Star I
What a joke!!! You technical team says it's and hardware issue and sim slot is damaged. Lol seriously??😂😂 How come I am able to use mobile data and see signal strength using the same sim tray? Is there anyone who is experienced enough give a proper answer in asus or are you guys dummy?

twothrones7A
Star I
When is the next update?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
twothrones7A

What a joke!!! You technical team says it's and hardware issue and sim slot is damaged. Lol seriously??😂😂 How come I am able to use mobile data and see signal strength using the same sim tray? Is there anyone who is experienced enough give a proper answer in asus or are you guys dummy?

View post
Sorry but you should trust the technicians a little more, a damaged slot in one place could very well be the cause, depending on the pin involved, (except 1 and 8 or nothing will work anymore) SMS, sim contact, voice and data are independent, if this sim allows to call on slot2 and on another phone, the technician questions the gsm contact pin, I think rightly.

it reminds me of the first 5v sim card, (before in 3v), a bad circuit drawing allowed the sending and the reception of sms, the reception of calls but the emission of calls was impossible. the most improbable bugs are possible in computer science.

So if the device is the global version, send your device back for repair to Asus service

parac1oX
Star II
Hi, to be honest I can 100% relate to this effect! So this is quite surely Software related and not to a Faulty sim tray.
I just bought my ROG5 a few days ago and of course i did all the Firmware updates right away after I powered it up.
After I did the last Update I inserted my sim (Deutsche Telekom/Germany) into sim slot 1 and everything seemed to work fine. I had working VoLTE and even VoWIFI for like 1 day...
Until I just restarted the phone once. Since that exact moment VoLTE and VoWIFI just stopped working.
I already tried

1. resetting network settings (yes, the VoLTE switch is enabled)
2. Fiddling with the APN settings regarding what Deutsche Telekom says (although they must be correct from the start, Otherwise it would not have worked in the beginning at all)
3. Restarting Phone
4. Taking sim Card out and reinserting it while powered on
5. I finally even did a COMPLETE master reset of the phone - guess what - nothing changed. This rules out ANY apps or anything I installed from my Side.

I had it working until i Restarted and then it all stopped. The VoWIFI setting completely disappeared and the Volte setting is set to enabled but it just does not work.
Gsm/2g call is still working of course, but thats not the point. My OLD phone had perfectly working VoLTE and VoWIFI for 3 years now. I am absolutely not willing to pay 900€ for a flagship device that dont have working Vo lte/wifi.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@parac1oX
Yes you are right your problem is the same but my answer was for his original post where he makes no reference to WoLTE or WoWifi just call sim1 nonok, sim2 ok and his last post on tech skills.
You could perhaps try VoLTE on the SIM2, all the files concerned have parameters specific to each SIM, if it works with the SIM2, it is likely that the update .86 is involved. the parameters of the files concerned would be different or incorrectly read.
You could also turn off your phone (check that the WIFI is ON before), remove the SIM (both if you have 2) and turn on the phone again.
After a few minutes, with the phone on, insert the SIM card then go see / configure the settings of the SIM card and give us a feedback.