Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Even after dropping multiple direct tweets to Dinesh Sharma, it seems they closed their eyes and ear to not see and hear anything from users. Asus motto is "Let user suffer and continue to print money by selling manufacturing defective products"

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
Could you guys please help here. Drop direct tweets to @sharmadinesh and write about this issue. Let's see how many tweets they can ignore.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The problem on Xiaomi Mi 11 is identical to that of ASUS, no more wifi or access point. As the platform is very close, there is a good chance that the cause is the same.
Xiaomi has only just communicated (August 6) for this problem which dates from December 2020 / January 2021 and offers several satisfactory solutions (refund, exchange with warranty as new and even for users who have not yet had the problem), will hope that ASUS do the same but faster, lol, 8 months it's been a long time, especially here given the messages on Independence Day.

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Besides that they must also fix this phone heat problem
This phone is very hot even when I use it for daily
Cmon man you will release rog phone 5s with heater chipset but same useless cooling system
Your cooling system is the worst compare to other gaming smartphone

venkatrockstar7
Rising Star II
Any one know about next software update any beta users here?