Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook UM425 Numberpad 2.0 issues

ferko1276
Star I
System: Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS build 19043.1165
Model: UM425
I recently bought a ZenBook UM425 and I ran into some issues:
The "=" button on the numberpad does not work… or more precisely it is mapped to the "ó" key.
If I open the calculator from the numberpad, most of the time it will appear behind other apps, rendering this feature completely useless.
Are these known problems?
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ferko,
Thank you so much for the information.
So if you open the Calculator app directly from App list, then it would show at the front, right?

ferko1276
Star I
@Blake_ASUS That’s right.
I played around with it a little. It seems like it will show up at the back if there is an active window somewhere.
If I right click on an empty space of the desktop or taskbar (effectively deselecting any active window) before launching the app using the touchpad gesture, then it will appear on top and it will be the new active window. Otherwise it just opens the calculator but it won't be the new "active" app/ window.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ferko,
I see. Thank you for the information.
I have reported it as well.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Ferko,
I have share the new numpad driver in the PM.
Please try it to see if it fix the wrong mapping.
And for calculator app not showing at the front issue, this is expected.
The numpad icon is simply opening the app, but detecting which one is the active/main app that show in the front, it would be following Window's detection rule.
And you have also found the workaround.
Thank you.

ferko1276
Star I
@Blake_ASUS The issue persists 😞
"And for calculator app not showing at the front issue, this is expected." - This makes no sense to me but if you say so...