This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 seems to be bricked. I have no idea what to do.

idris3396
Star III
So, I was using the phone as usual and all of a sudden, the screen went black/blank as if the phone had been turned off.
The next thing I know, the phone boots up to this screen.
pxl-20210814-194605423.jpg

I searched online and found that my phone has possibly been bricked. This used to happen with ROG Phone 2. I found a few videos online showing how to fix this in ROG Phone 2 however, I couldn't find anything for the ZenFone 8.
I did find a Reddit post where another user had faced this exact same problem with their ZenFone 8 as well.
Link to the post: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/owelrj/bricked_zenfone_8/
I have no idea what to do now. I bought this phone in July.
I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you!
58 REPLIES 58

idris3396
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

Hi @idris3396

I've sent you a PM with a couple of follow-up questions. After that, please contact your local ASUS service center as your issue might be caused by damage to your hardware.

@Adaoh We're currently investigating this issue and the root cause(s) behind it.

View post
Thank you. I have replied to your PM.

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

Hi @idris3396

I've sent you a PM with a couple of follow-up questions. After that, please contact your local ASUS service center as your issue might be caused by damage to your hardware.

@Adaoh We're currently investigating this issue and the root cause(s) behind it.

View post
Thank you for acknowledging this issue, I hope there will be an update as I am concerned of this happening to me and other people as I am in Canada without really any Asus service center

Dooboo
Rising Star II
i am experiencing exactly the same issue...this is very disappointing for a one month old phone...i am having buyers remorse. i knew jumping from oneplus to asus is a mistake

abhineet150
Rising Star I
idris3396

UPDATE:

I contacted ASUS Customer Support in India and they told me they are unable to help me as the phone is not yet launched in India.

I have no idea what to do now.

View post
Does your smartphone has any universal warranty.
because I am aware of this that Asus India service centre won't support mostly if you don't have a universal warranty in your device, if you had bought it from some different country online shop or got it via some person

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@irvin Please check your inbox for a PM from me!