Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

krnapj
Rising Star I
Guys , i talked to a higher official at rog 5 helpline , they guarantee that the same wifi problem will not occur again since , the motherboard replacement which they are putting in is somewhat changed,also he said that this issue occured due to software but now can only be corrected by motherboard replacement. Thats what he said ,n he also said that he understands that this problem occured due to their error and apologised. Moreover , they said they ll arrange a conference call with the service center guys to assure me n explain me why this problem wont happen again .

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
krnapj

Guys , i talked to a higher official at rog 5 helpline , they guarantee that the same wifi problem will not occur again since , the motherboard replacement which they are putting in is somewhat changed,also he said that this issue occured due to software but now can only be corrected by motherboard replacement. Thats what he said ,n he also said that he understands that this problem occured due to their error and apologised. Moreover , they said they ll arrange a conference call with the service center guys to assure me n explain me why this problem wont happen again .

View post
If they are admitting that it's a hardware fault due to their fabrication unit then it should be done via official press release. Moreover users are still facing wifi issue even after replacing the motherboard because they might have older motherboard in stock and they want to do experiment with devices which are already in use by end users. It's not their lab/test devices on which they will do workarounds and find the resolution.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
krnapj

View post
Could you please share the name and contact details of that person from leadership team ?

krnapj
Rising Star I
They said ,the problem was caused by software bug but now only resolution was motherboard replacement.i didnt catch his name,he was a guy on customer care only whom i reached after a couple of transfers.but i was satisfied he apologised n even assured me that it wont recur.

ZT-83edda0e
Rising Star I
krnapj

They said ,the problem was caused by software bug but now only resolution was motherboard replacement.i didnt catch his name,he was a guy on customer care only whom i reached after a couple of transfers.but i was satisfied he apologised n even assured me that it wont recur.

View post
I don't believe in his apologies. Multiple users reported that even after motherboard replacement, they faced same issue after 1-2 week. Might be older stocked motherboard has been replaced for those users. I'm not at all support to open and repair devices multiple times. They are treating it as lab devices.